5. Lourdes Gurriel Jr. (R) LF
6. Travis Shaw (L) 3B
7. Danny Jansen (R) C
8. Brandon Drury (R) 2B
9. Santiago Espinal (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

The Jays just finished cooling off a hot Rays team.  Interesting matchup at a AAA park.

SeaBeachFred

With worthless Kyle Fart on the hill for us, might as well just watch the Republican Convention tonight.  The game will most likely be a guessing on to see which one or two relievers screws things up for us unless miserable Kyle does it in the first two innings.

Sea Dog 23

Fred it's story #2.  Bases juiced, liner to JBJ who almost turns a DP.  Next batter up hits it over every body's head, 2-0. Hart gets out of the first down 4-0.  Ouch.

Sea Dog 23

Hey, Raffy gets a 3-run triple in the 6th, now 8-6 Sox.  They keep coming back.  Are there any arms left in the pen?

BoSoxFanNY

Oh my goodness -
The Red Sox BEAT the Blue Jays 9 - 7.

After being down 4 - 0 in the first inning,
Sox scored one run - 4 - 1, then 2 runs 4 - 3,
then the Blue Jays scored 2 runs 6 - 3,
THEN the Sox scored 6 runs in the 6th inning
9 - 6.
Matt Barnes gave up a solo shot in the bottom of the 9th.

Final score:  Sox 9 - Jays 7
Will wonders never cease!

SeaBeachFred

Surprised we won tonight but not surprised that imbecile Roenicke kept Hart in there to get belted for six run and eight hits before he took him out.  We did come back and got some key hits when we needed them.  Of course we had to see Barnes in there with a three run lead which gave us a chance since he cannot hold a ONE run lead in the ninth.  Nice to end a two game losing streak but this season cannot end soon enough to put this nightmare season out of my memory unless we can have a few four game win streaks the rest of the year.

Murph

Why win in a lost season? Tank the season get the top draft pick.

longgame

Was this the first comeback win of the year?  I didn't realize that game started early, watched the news and then flipped on NESN to see us already down 4-0 but they had that big inning and added a few more and pulled it off.  Even with Barnes trying to blow it they managed to hang on.

Brasier had some juice, what's he taking?

Devers had that great triple down the line.  I love it when that kid gets hot.  Verdugo is just a joy to have and keeps putting up hits.  Fun game for a change. 

SeaBeachFred

It would be very nice if we could keep this up and be able to win a few more games in a row, but getting the first draft choice as Murph intimated would be very nice too.  However, I've heard that the Commish might once again put his grubby hand on things and might not award the No. 1 pick to the team with the worst record.  Why's that?  That should be crap canned.  First pick should go to the team with the worst record, second to the second team w ith the worst record and so on down the line.