5. Pat Valaika (R) SS
6. Ryan Mountcastle (R) LF
7. Bryan Holaday (R) C
8. Ramon Urias (R) 2B
9. Cedric Mullins (S) CF

Gametime Temp: 78°F
Chance of Precip: 4%

Sea Dog 23

O's Valaika goes deep on Perez for the early lead.  We must solve Cobb this time out.

Sea Dog 23

Sox finally get to Cobb in the 5th.  JBJ goes deep and 'duggy doubles home Peraza. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 22, 2020, 08:14:58 PM
Sox finally get to Cobb in the 5th.  JBJ goes deep and 'duggy doubles home Peraza.

Now you Sea Dog and the rest of my colleagues on Bosox Board KNOW FULLY BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT WHY I HOLD MATT BARNES IN TOTAL UTTER CONTEMPT.  ONCE AGAIN TONIGHT HE FAILED MISERABLY TO HOLD A ONE RUN LEAD THAT COULD HAVE GIVEN US OUR FOURTH WIN IN A ROW.  HE HAS DONE THIS REPEATEDLY OVER THE YEARS.  He simply is incapable of holding a one run lead with a game on the line.  He cost E-Rod a 20 win season last year when he failed in the last game of the season to hold that damn one run lead, and blew two or three other attempts when he was called on to close out a game.  I want that rotten choke SOB out of Boston after this season and predict that within two years after we let him walk he will be out of baseball.  This guy is a gutless bum.  I thought early on because of his relief woes he might be a better candidate as a starter where after an inning or two he settles in and does the job.  But HE IS NOT A GUY I WANT IN THERE AT THE END OF A GAME UNLESS WE HAVE A FOUR RUN LEAD.  I really despise this guy and want him gone.

Sea Dog 23

Crap, the extra innings rules puts a man on 2nd.  A couple bad plays, then meatball Barnes happens.  Did he get anybody out in the 10th?

Weii, in an earlier game Workman took the loss for the Phils.  Four hits in the 9th, gave up a bases loaded single. Their fans are prolly saying 'Who is this meatball ?

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 22, 2020, 10:57:59 PM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 22, 2020, 08:14:58 PM

Now you Sea Dog and the rest of my colleagues on Bosox Board KNOW FULLY BEYOND A SHADOW OF A DOUBT WHY I HOLD MATT BARNES IN TOTAL UTTER CONTEMPT.  ONCE AGAIN TONIGHT HE FAILED MISERABLY TO HOLD A ONE RUN LEAD THAT COULD HAVE GIVEN US OUR FOURTH WIN IN A ROW.  HE HAS DONE THIS REPEATEDLY OVER THE YEARS.  He simply is incapable of holding a one run lead with a game on the line.  He cost E-Rod a 20 win season last year when he failed in the last game of the season to hold that damn one run lead, and blew two or three other attempts when he was called on to close out a game.  I want that rotten choke SOB out of Boston after this season and predict that within two years after we let him walk he will be out of baseball.  This guy is a gutless bum.  I thought early on because of his relief woes he might be a better candidate as a starter where after an inning or two he settles in and does the job.  But HE IS NOT A GUY I WANT IN THERE AT THE END OF A GAME UNLESS WE HAVE A FOUR RUN LEAD.  I really despise this guy and want him gone.
With a HEAVY HEART I watched that game be GIFT WRAPPED to the BIRDS.....  BARNES is scary, he should be GIFT WRAPPED also, NOW GRASSHOPPER !!!!! sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono iono

longgame

Barnes clearly doesn't want to be traded.  BTW, Workman stunk it up in his first game for the Phillies too. 

We just have some awful pitching.  I kept watching Brasier throw two strikes and then nibble around instead of going after guys.  Then of course there's "Crap My Pants" Barnes, who never misses an opportunity to blow a close game.  Talk about a guy who never has had closer makeup. 

elktonnick

As I have said repeatedly over the past two years, it.isn't just a question of bad pitchers it is the underlying pitching philosophy and approach that Boston employs.  They haven't drafted and developed.a quality starter in more than a dozen years.  If Bloom really wants to put Boston on the right course with its pitching, he is going to need to fire a lot.of people and rebuild from scratch.

Sea Dog 23

Yogi was right about pitching.  On MLB showed Godley has not recorded a win in his last 12 starts.  These pitchers we're picking up have been DFAd for good reason.  Of course Henry/Bloom are throwing luke warm bodies out there going into a reset year. That was the obvious plan post Betts in the spring.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on August 23, 2020, 05:09:54 PM
As I have said repeatedly over the past two years, it.isn't just a question of bad pitchers it is the underlying pitching philosophy and approach that Boston employs.  They haven't drafted and developed.a quality starter in more than a dozen years.  If Bloom really wants to put Boston on the right course with its pitching, he is going to need to fire a lot.of people and rebuild from scratch.

If Bloom has the power that Prune Face says he's given him then Chaim must fire some of our pitchng instructors, try to bring n some guys from TB with better pay since the prune can afford it and change the philosophy of how we draft and train pitrchers.  That also means that some of our scouts need to hit the bricks looking for emplyment elsewhere because they have been very deficient in drafting pitching prospects that have some balls and fire to help the team come back in force.  Right now we have a pack of turds who don't belong on the team and we see a new one every other day like that guy Stock who fit right in with one inning, three hits and the two runs that turned out to be the difference in the game.  Again, bring up the young pitchers and let them get their feet wet with some in depth pitching experience and get rid of the Webers, Oshiches, Waldens and this shithead Stock.  You know Elk, we have a royal chance to wind up with the worst record in baseball this season.  How's that  for a comedown?

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 23, 2020, 07:28:28 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on August 23, 2020, 05:09:54 PM

If Bloom has the power that Prune Face says he's given him then Chaim must fire some of our pitchng instructors, try to bring n some guys from TB with better pay since the prune can afford it and change the philosophy of how we draft and train pitrchers.  That also means that some of our scouts need to hit the bricks looking for emplyment elsewhere because they have been very deficient in drafting pitching prospects that have some balls and fire to help the team come back in force.  Right now we have a pack of turds who don't belong on the team and we see a new one every other day like that guy Stock who fit right in with one inning, three hits and the two runs that turned out to be the difference in the game.  Again, bring up the young pitchers and let them get their feet wet with some in depth pitching experience and get rid of the Webers, Oshiches, Waldens and this shithead Stock.  You know Elk, we have a royal chance to wind up with the worst record in baseball this season.  How's that  for a comedown?

This is certainly the worst Red Sox team I have ever seen

longgame

The other day Red Sox CEO Sam Kennedy made a comment along the lines of the Sox are not rebuilding.  The next day he traded the two live arms in the bullpen.  I'm not sure why they find it so hard to just lay it on the line - they have no shot this year, they're evaluating guys and will see where they stand at the end of the season.  This isn't difficult to see - they didn't field a full team for the year and are now selling off parts.  Do they think this is somehow not being seen by the fans and they can just say what they want? 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on August 24, 2020, 07:53:40 AM
The other day Red Sox CEO Sam Kennedy made a comment along the lines of the Sox are not rebuilding.  The next day he traded the two live arms in the bullpen.  I'm not sure why they find it so hard to just lay it on the line - they have no shot this year, they're evaluating guys and will see where they stand at the end of the season.  This isn't difficult to see - they didn't field a full team for the year and are now selling off parts.  Do they think this is somehow not being seen by the fans and they can just say what they want?

I see John Henry once again getting the shakes in lieu of his dismantling part of a very good team recently.  He wanted to save money and get under the salary penalty cap if he could.  OK, but as in 2012 when he did the same and panicked his way almost into an asylum, he sought a quick fix.  It worked BUT BACK THEN WE HAD A TEAM LEADER IN BIG PAPI, A TOUGH BLUE COLLAR STAR IN DUSTIN PEDROIA, AN ACE IN JOHN LESTER, A GOOD SECOND STARTER IN JOHN LACKEY AND A THIRD GUY FOR MUCH OF THE SEASON IN CLAY BUCHHOLZ WHO GOT OFF TO A ROUSING START UNTIL INJURED DURING THAT SUMMER.  WE ALSO HAD KOJI TO CLOSE.  What do we have now?  No ace, no top notch second starter, no relief ace, no super star team leader and certainly no hard nosed blue collar battler who plays better than his size. We have none of that and instead of Kennedy bobbing back and forth with a large ration of double speak and bullshit just follow what Blom is trying to do and keep his God Damn mouth shut about not rebuilding.  WE HAVE TO REBUILD UNLESS THE PRUNE WANTS TO SPEND MILLIONS AS HE DID BEFORE.  We need to do it right now and we have the guy to do it b ecause he's done i t before with a lot less to work with.  Kennedy?  Henry?  Just get the F#%k out of the way and let Chaimdo his job.