GAME #92, NEW YORK YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, July 16, 2017, 02:23:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ojdidit on July 16, 2017, 02:12:35 PM
Is the NY piching that good or Boston hitting that bad?  I lean towards hitting being that bad. XB is a wreck at SS. Metrics or eyeball he is now a below average SS. Here is the future: XB at third, Devers at first and Travis/Devers flip flop between first and DH.

Good God NO!!!!!!!! Choker must be traded away.  He stinks, cannot hit in the clutch at all.  My God, can't you people see that.  Save for about two months in 2015 when there might have been another person in his body, his career with the Sox has been one of failed at-bats with men on base.  No way, we move him to third base.  You keep Devers there when he comes up and you give Travis the first base job and that's it.  I don't want Sam ruined as they might have done with Blake Swihart.  And speaking of Blake, poor season or not, bring him up and give the guy a shot.  I would bet he would get an elixir from the promotion and play the way he was doing before he got hurt in left field.   Trade Leomn or DFA him.  His usefulness is at an end, and personally, I think Vazquez is not a winner.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on July 16, 2017, 02:22:24 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on July 16, 2017, 02:17:17 PM
X man in a long slump.  He looks lost at the plate.
  Would anyone here dare to trade the X/MAN ??  D D has to be BOLD & always open to a BLOCK BUSTER !!!!

You mean Choker don't you.  I would dare if I had the power.  I think this guy is an overrated bum who is soft and gutless. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: BoSoxFanNY on July 16, 2017, 02:55:37 PM
The Yankees have played their best baseball against our Sox
this year.
Our Sox have not scored a run against the Yankees in
over 20 innings.  WTF????

I HATE losing to the Yankees.

AND, last night - a killer.

(I went into this series hoping that our Sox would AT LEAST
split this series.  NOW, I am praying that they do.)

Sorry Bear, ain't gonna happen.  The team went into the tank and  they are near the point of total collapse.  Remember September, 2011?  You're seeing a replica of it right now before your very eyes.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Rob from Mass on July 16, 2017, 04:17:34 PM
I understand the frustration but is anyone SERIOUSLY writing this season off during this bad spell.
I am far from that.
Just wondering!!!

I am---and let me give you a little past history if I may..  Yes, I may.  On July 26th, 2011 with the Red Sox, having recovered from a 2-11 start and another slump for about a week in between, had gone on a tear and were in first place in the AL East heading into deep summer.  On the old board Sawxheads (some members here were on so you can check with them for verification), I predicted that if we had another downturn it would be a final one and the team would collapse in total.  It happened in September as you should know.  I'm saying this team right now is on the cusp of a total meltdown.  You've heard me bellow all year that "this is a shitty team".  Well what would you call us now.  Look we have losers on this team, no leaders, no one ready to take responsibility to set an example even though Dustin could if he could get those o ther gutless bastards to listen to them.  Look now.  Bradley is back in a slump and you know what that spells; Choker is a total loser, Betts is playing like a putz, Hanley is gone South, Moreland is in an eclipse, and our catching is not up to par on the offensive front.  That doesn't leave much, does it?  Yes, this team is on its way deep into the tank.

Rob from Mass

Swihart needs to show the Sox two very important things before seeing the Fens anytime soon .
#1  starts to learn how to hit consistently.
#2 lose his love affair with the DL. The guy can`t stay on the field and offers no help until he learns how to be tough.

elktonnick

This team is a long way from dead.  The problem is both Betts and Bogaerts aren't hitting the way they did last year.  Both have too much talent to remain in the current slump.  Xander has got into some bad habits.  He has become too selective in waiting for his pitch.  This is because he has had too much success hitting with two strikes so he has gotten over confident.  Today with a running on third with less then two outs CC gave him a meatball on the first pitch.  It was the best pitch he got the entire at bat.  Instead he waited until two strikes and he hit a weak pop fly to right.  Furthermore he is chopping at the ball instead of driving the ball.  He has got to get rid of these bad habits

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 16, 2017, 04:07:43 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on July 16, 2017, 07:10:53 AM
1:00 ????  Hope the RED SOX are awake by then !!   We NEED TWO wins today as last nights game was a NATIONAL CRIME !!!  GO  RED SOX !!! thumb_u

Bill---for your own good let me try and get through to you.  This team of our is collapsing right before our eyes.  They have no energy, no drive, no commitment, and, what's more, they have a bunch of gutless bums on the roster led by Pukegerts, who, if you noticed, made another error today like the one he made yesterday.  This is just one of our p roblems---we have many.  When X, as in excretment , doesn't hit he takes his hitting out to the field with him.  This guy should be benched with the hope someone can play SS adequately enough to keep him there.  I've grown to really despise this guy.  He is a choker beyond all measure and I've known that since the Opening Home Series in 2014 when he left between 15-18 runners on base in that three game debacle with Milwaukee which set us on a pattern of deterioration that continues to this day
Easy there  S B F ..... Heck, I am not the manager or  G M..... Unless they call on me for my OPINION &  KNOWLEDGE  I can't help you.... Watch your blood pressure !! iono slap rofl

ipot

I understand the frustration but is anyone SERIOUSLY writing this season off during this bad spell.
I am far from that.
Just wondering!!!

Not writing them off.  But, just like I wouldn't write off MIN, TB, NYY, TEX, SEA, LAA, KC. We are in that sea of mediocrity imo.  Only HOU has punched a ticket to the playoffs for sure.  And like all the teams mentioned, this team has problems that keep it from stepping out of the pack = HITTING. 

The frustrating thing is that they are major underachievers.  And before anyone gets excited about win streaks and such, even crappy teams can go off and grab 5-6 or more Ws in a row.  The A's have had W streaks of 5, 4, 4....

Remember the Mets of 2 years ago who made the WS?  This team is like that - solid starting pitching with an unreliable offense BUT the NYM played in the NL.  See?
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

BoSoxFanNY

Quote from: ipot on July 16, 2017, 06:02:24 PM
I am far from that.
Just wondering!!!

Not writing them off.  But, just like I wouldn't write off MIN, TB, NYY, TEX, SEA, LAA, KC. We are in that sea of mediocrity imo.  Only HOU has punched a ticket to the playoffs for sure.  And like all the teams mentioned, this team has problems that keep it from stepping out of the pack = HITTING.

The frustrating thing is that they are major underachievers.  And before anyone gets excited about win streaks and such, even crappy teams can go off and grab 5-6 or more Ws in a row.  The A's have had W streaks of 5, 4, 4....

Remember the Mets of 2 years ago who made the WS?  This team is like that - solid starting pitching with an unreliable offense BUT the NYM played in the NL.  See?

AND iPot,
The METS that year traded for a big bat - Cespedes and ran his bat
along with pitching into the Postseason AND the World Series.

MongoLikeSox

Season a write off? Nope. It's a cluster-f***. This is not a knock on the players. That panning dugout shot at the end of the game said it all. They might very well like each other, or even love each other. They play hard because that is what they do. They are not led well. Worse than that, they are being inconsistently and wrongly managed or handled.   

Look, getting dropped down in the order, platooned for, pinch hit for or anything like that is a demotion. It's not just another spot in the batting order. There is a different energy and an ebb and flow to the game that actually does change depending on where you hit. That's just the start of it. Just the start.

I do not want see good money thrown at something destined for deer in the headlight thing. This team will rebound. This group does that. JF's job will be safe.