GAME #78, MINNESOTA TWINS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 28, 2017, 02:57:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

BTW, funny how they pointed out the likely manager of the year in the NL, Tory Lovullo.  Why can't we get guys like that?

Schloicka

Sox had the perfect chance to score when they had guys on 1st and 2nd with no outs and Pedroia then hits an infield fly for the 1st out and then Xman & Moreland both strike out on bad pitches. Hard to win that way. BTW before last night the Sox were ahead of last years win total for the same number of games.

longgame

Quote from: Schloicka on June 29, 2017, 08:24:02 AM
Sox had the perfect chance to score when they had guys on 1st and 2nd with no outs and Pedroia then hits an infield fly for the 1st out and then Xman & Moreland both strike out on bad pitches. Hard to win that way. BTW before last night the Sox were ahead of last years win total for the same number of games.

Bogey had a tough night.  He had a few times he could have done something but the fielder's choice RBI was the best he could do.  Unusual for him, especially with his numbers against Minnesota. 

The tough thing this year is that a game like last night I don't have a huge problem with in a vacuum.  They hit a couple of bombs, we had our chances, they pitched out of it.  It wasn't like we were out of that game.  It's the general lack of offense and the way it just seems to disappear against just about any no name out there.  The kid last night wasn't a veteran, but he was throwing strikes and has thrown well this year.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on June 29, 2017, 07:18:39 AM
Eckersley quite rightly was all over Bogaerts for his awful swing with the bases loaded.  I am getting sick and tired of these guys rolling over on pitches and hitting these weak ground outs.

We should all be getting sick of that kind of crap Elk.  You might know that I have always suspected Bogaerts' guts and courage when he gets up in that kind of situation.  He looks to me as if he doesn't want to be there and, besides, I still insist he is soft and lacks toughness.  He and Betts are been nothing short of shitty when it counts the most this season.