GAME #65, BOSTON RED SOX AT PHILADELPHIA PHILLIES

Started by Bear, June 14, 2017, 02:34:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Johnson trying to give it all back. Had 2 out and no runs in but not any more. And off he goes with an injury.

Schloicka

markj

Been out mowing the lawn. What happened to Johnson?

Schloicka

Quote from: markj on June 14, 2017, 07:41:26 PM

Looks like some type of shoulder or arm injury. Arm was hanging limp.

elktonnick

Hurt!!!

Due to blackout rules  I am watching Phillies broadcast.  These announcers are the best I've heard in years. John Kruk is their analyst.  After Bogaerts made the outstanding the outstanding throw to end the inning,  they said "Wow who said he can't play shortstop"   :)

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on June 14, 2017, 07:47:29 PM
Hurt!!!

Due to blackout rules  I am watching Phillies broadcast.  These announcers are the best I've heard in years. John Kruk is their analyst.  After Bogaerts made the outstanding the outstanding throw to end the inning,  they said "Wow who said he can't play shortstop"   :)

That's usually what fools say he can't do.

Schloicka

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 14, 2017, 04:34:45 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on June 14, 2017, 04:28:54 PM
Morelend is hot and playing a gold glove !st base.  He is especially effective against Hellickson going 4 for 8 against him.  Ramirez on the other hand has played sparingly at 1st and almost injured himself during his last time playing there.  Has never got a hit off Hellickson.  So of course Farrell is starting Ramirez instead of Moreland at first tonight.  Just to make sure Ramirez has all the help he can get defensively at 1st, our genius manager will start STONE glove nominee at 3rd Pablo Sandoval.

Trying to figure out if this is comical or just plain stupid,

Guess it's neither since Moreland has a hurt foot and couldn't go tonight. Is available to pinch hit.

elktonnick

Hellickson out.  Ramirez still has not got a hit.  Why didn't Farrell pinch hit for Valezquez.

Schloicka

Quote from: elktonnick on June 14, 2017, 08:08:20 PM
Hellickson out.  Ramirez still has not got a hit.  Why didn't Farrell pinch hit for Valezquez.

Because Valezquez is still going to pitch and we had the top of the order coming up with a 6-3 lead.

elktonnick

I would have pinch hit regardless. Man in scoring position nobody out, Velazquez fails to get the bunt down and they don't score. 

Schloicka

Bad base running by Benintendi again this season.

Schloicka

Valezquez with 3.1 shut out innings. Only 2 base runners. Pen needed that. If score stays as it is he'll probably get the win. Up to the official scorer.

Schloicka

JBJ never touched 3rd going back to 2nd. Got doubled up. Brain fart.

markj

Schloicka

Reversal on review at 2nd. Was out. Two down but 2 on now.