GAME #51, BOSTON RED SOX AT CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by Bear, May 30, 2017, 12:20:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 30, 2017, 11:42:43 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on May 30, 2017, 10:06:20 PM
Hembree did a nice job.

A total reversal of form.  Who really knew tonight would be a slug fest?  I sure didn't.  This time the hitters bailed Sale out and I hope Chris gets his pitching mojo back next time out.
  As DAD would say....  "SON, this is what makes baseball what it is "  !!   Or  as Forrest Gump would say, "BASEBALL is like a box of CHOCLATES , YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT YOU ARE GOING TO GET"  !!! thumb_u iono

longgame

As soon as Fat Panda shows up, Marrerro starts hitting HRs!  Hilarious.  Nice win for the Sox, they can't all be picture perfect but it was nice to see al those long balls.

markj

Serious slugfest. Glad we came out on top and got another win for Sale. I'm putting his performance down to jitters about appearing in front of his old team and crowd.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: markj on May 31, 2017, 08:24:34 AM
Serious slugfest. Glad we came out on top and got another win for Sale. I'm putting his performance down to jitters about appearing in front of his old team and crowd.

I would have enjoyed the outburst from the bats had it not been for a TERRIBLE OUTING FROM SALE.
I understand his April was ridiculously good but this is something to be concerned about.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 31, 2017, 11:39:41 AM
Quote from: markj on May 31, 2017, 08:24:34 AM

I would have enjoyed the outburst from the bats had it not been for a TERRIBLE OUTING FROM SALE.
I understand his April was ridiculously good but this is something to be concerned about.

Because his prior start wasn't great either, I'm only a little worried.  I imagine pitching against his friends in Chicago was tough - O'Brien may have mentioned a time or two that he was buddies with these guys after all!  But seriously, I'd like to see his next start before I'm concerned at all.