GAME #42, BOSTON RED SOX AT OAKLAND A'S

Started by Bear, May 20, 2017, 04:56:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

What sh-- show this team is.  They'll need to win 8 of 10 for me to even believe there's any aspect of this team - other than Chris Sale - that is worth anything more than a subway token to Mediocre St.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Will someone now be willing to join me and state unequivocally that this season is shot to hell and that we are going to be lucky to finish in fourth place?  Look guys, this board is not like a  couple of others you know about where the front office have convinced its posters that black is white.  This team not only stinks from the neck down but also reeks from the neck up.  We will more than likely get swept tomorrow and if Farrell is still the manager when Monday rolls around I'm leaving my friends here for at least a month, maybe longer.  I can no longer endure seeing this shit-bag of a team play like they have their heads up their collective asses----which they most certainly do.  No character, no heart, no guts, no balls and the worse manager in the league.  A recipe for the disaster unfolding.

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 20, 2017, 06:12:07 PM
Will someone now be willing to join me and state unequivocally that this season is shot to hell and that we are going to be lucky to finish in fourth place?  Look guys, this board is not like a  couple of others you know about where the front office have convinced its posters that black is white.  This team not only stinks from the neck down but also reeks from the neck up.  We will more than likely get swept tomorrow and if Farrell is still the manager when Monday rolls around I'm leaving my friends here for at least a month, maybe longer.  I can no longer endure seeing this shit-bag of a team play like they have their heads up their collective asses----which they most certainly do.  No character, no heart, no guts, no balls and the worse manager in the league.  A recipe for the disaster unfolding.
  B I N G O  dat !!! thumb_d

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on May 20, 2017, 09:07:04 PM
  B I N G O  dat !!! thumb_d

Bill----we have the most loyal and rabid fans in baseball and simply put we deserve a winning team every efen year.  No, not a WS Title but contention year after year where we have a shot at a long post season run.  We don't have that, and since 2007 we haven't had it save for that miracle and surprise of 2013.  We have shit teams three out of the last five  seasons and are making a run of making it four of six.  We don't deserve to have teams like that and while that may sound selfish, so be it.  What's worse is that the front office and that bungling owner of ours is more interested in not going over the luxury tax that putting  a winning team on the field.  We need starting pitchers, we need a solid bullpen, we could use a couple of guys who could put balls in the seats on a regular basis, and we most certainly need a manager who can lead and inspire a team that looks like dead men walking.  We aren't getting any of that and it is very depressing.  What amazes me is that many on this board share my views and know exactly what I do, but how in hell doesn't DD and Prune Face see it?  Either that or they don't give a damn and will try and muddle through and hope for the best.  Pathetic Bill, just pathetic.

Muggah

Funny you should mention leaving for a month, Fred---as that was my exact sentiment after watching this team deliver yet another afternoon of its now patented brand of leaderless, rudderless, unfocused, gutless, dogshit baseball.

I HAVE HAD IT WITH THIS BUNCH! I HAVE HAD IT WITH DOMBROWSKI! I HAVE HAD IT WITH FARRELL, PRUNE FACE, WERNER, AND EVERY SINGLE MEMBER OF THIS ORGANIZATION!

I AM DONE!
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

On a POSITIVE note, we did score our MAX 3 runs !!!! thumb_d

elktonnick

I have been following Red Sox baseball since 1953.  As frustrating and disappointing this team is, watching them is still more interesting and dare I say entertaining then any other sport.  You see I am a baseball fan, moreover I am a Red Sox fan.  Frustration and disappointment is all part of the package,

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on May 21, 2017, 06:59:48 AM
I have been following Red Sox baseball since 1953.  As frustrating and disappointing this team is, watching them is still more interesting and dire I say entertaining then any other sport.  You see I am a baseball fan, moreover I am a Red Sox fan.  Frustration and disappointment is all part of the package,
  AGREE, CONCUR....  Although, I would feel better if MEDICARE would pick up my cable T V monthly BILL !!!! rofl