Started by Bear, May 11, 2017, 02:52:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rob from Mass

Quote from: Schloicka on May 11, 2017, 02:01:01 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on May 11, 2017, 01:29:46 PM
Quote from: Rob from Mass on May 11, 2017, 01:01:45 PM
Quote from: Schloicka on May 11, 2017, 12:24:03 PM
Quote from: Bill-806 on May 11, 2017, 11:15:09 AM
  I didn't see last nights game, I understand that the SOX hit into 3 D P's ??  When is J F going to learn that you can't play for the big inning & SMALL ball is necessary more than ever in a N L parrrrk  !!

If you didn't see the game how can you make a reasonable comment about the dp's? In 2 of the situations there is no way would anyone be bunting. One was with 1 out and a runner at 1st in the 7th. Benintendi grounded into the dp. No way should he be bunting down 7-2. He's one of the few guys that is actually hitting. The other time was in the 8th with the bases loaded and no outs still down 7-2. Your not going to give up an out in that situation. That late in the game you have to hope for the big inning.

He assumes a lot .
Easy there boys.....  I don't care what the circumstances were.....  A little league coach would tell ya that  3  D P's are too many....... Does anybody on "the keep the line moving" gang know how to go with the pitch ?? thumb_d

You don't care what the circumstances were? That's ridiculous. The circumstances at the time are what determine what should be done, not what has already happened.

Excellent point.

Rob from Mass

Erod done for the day as Young pinch hit in the 7th.
Another EXCELLENT pitched game with the usual ZERO support.
6ip  3h    1er  0 bb and 5 k on 87 pitches .Easily his best game of the season

Rob from Mass

Schloicka

Vazquez screwed the whole thing up by throwing the bat at the ball on the hit and run. The ball was going to hit at least a foot in front of the plate so why try to hit it. The runner would of been at 2nd (99.9% chance anyway).

Rob from Mass

Kelly gets out of a little jam .Onto top 8  1-1

Rob from Mass

Pedey with a leadoff 2b and Bogey with a single LF  1st and 3rd  0 outs.

Rob from Mass

Bases full for JBJ with 1 out strikes out.

Rob from Mass

No shock at all as they get no runs after saks jammed wit 1 out.

Schloicka

Doesn't seem to matter who is up. They can't get a big hit even by accident.

Rob from Mass

Kimbrel on in the 8th with 1 out and Ks Thames

longgame

Why is Kimbrel pitching in the 8th in a road game?

Why can't they bring men home?  I had sort of kept tabs on the game but just flipped it on to hear they left 9 on base!  Geez, where's the spark.

As for DPs - a line drive and a guy getting caught off the bag is a far cry from a weak groundout.  And even a hard hit ground ball that is well played is a big difference.

Rob from Mass

IF hit off Kimbrel's leg .2 on 2 out and he gets another K

Rob from Mass

Kimbrel is simply dominating this season .What a  change from last year.

Rob from Mass

2 on 0 outs thanks to a BBand another Brewer E

Schloicka