GAME #25, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, May 01, 2017, 01:42:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 01, 2017, 08:40:19 PM
Is this team pathetic or is this team pathetic?????  They can't get their signals straight as to who covers second on a possible double play grounder and the ball winds up in center field.  Then another possible dp grounder to iron glove and shitty defensive infielder Marco Barfo, who also can't hit in the clutch either, and he boots the ball.  This team is not only shitty, is has no life, no focus, nothing.  Today on MLB  they were talking about the Arizona D'Backs where there is enthusiasm, new life and a real commitment to right their ship.  Could it be that Torey Lovullo might have something to do with it?  We could have had him managing our team but we let him leave so shitface Farrell could run the team into the ground.  I mean, what the hell has happened to this team?  We have imploded. Wake the **** up Prune Face and try and save this season.  Get Farrell out of Boston and get someone with a little pulse and enthusiasm into that dugout.  Fundamentally and spiritually and competitively we totally suck.

Hanley is doing his best imitation of MANNY Ramirez.  This team is playing not just bad baseball but utterly stupid baseball.  We have all pointed out these lapses and how they exemplify poorly coached teams.  This is the sloppiest Red Sox team we've seen in years.  It is just badly badly badly( I can't repeat it enough)  coached team. These guys need to get the heads out of their collective asses and start playing at least reasonablely competent baseball.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 01, 2017, 09:15:13 PM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 01, 2017, 08:40:19 PM
Is this team pathetic or is this team pathetic?????  They can't get their signals straight as to who covers second on a possible double play grounder and the ball winds up in center field.  Then another possible dp grounder to iron glove and shitty defensive infielder Marco Barfo, who also can't hit in the clutch either, and he boots the ball.  This team is not only shitty, is has no life, no focus, nothing.  Today on MLB  they were talking about the Arizona D'Backs where there is enthusiasm, new life and a real commitment to right their ship.  Could it be that Torey Lovullo might have something to do with it?  We could have had him managing our team but we let him leave so shitface Farrell could run the team into the ground.  I mean, what the hell has happened to this team?  We have imploded. Wake the **** up Prune Face and try and save this season.  Get Farrell out of Boston and get someone with a little pulse and enthusiasm into that dugout.  Fundamentally and spiritually and competitively we totally suck.

Hanley is doing his best imitation of MANNY Ramirez.  This team is playing not just bad baseball but utterly stupid baseball.  We have all pointed out these lapses and how they exemplify poorly coached teams.  This is the sloppiest Red Sox team we've seen in years.  It is just badly badly badly( I can't repeat it enough)  coached team. These guys need to get the heads out of their collective asses and start playing at least reasonablely competent baseball.

I totally agree Elk but you and I know where the fault lies and most likely the problems will not get rectified any time soon.  I think Henry and Dombrowski, acting as his errand boy, are willing to see the team sink and take down the Red Sox fans with them.  To me Henry is the Manchurian Candidate updated to 2017.

markj

So again, they score some runs only because the other team screwed up. If it weren't for that happening, they'd be looking at 6 shutouts so far this season. As it is, more than a third of their games they have scored 2 runs or less.

elktonnick

The Sox certainly miss Ortiz but they may be missing Lovullo even more!!!

ipot

The game was over at first pitch.  I'm scratching my head that they are actually 13-12.  They're playing like they should be 6-19. 

Rudderless, undisciplined, and just plain uninspired.  And somehow they manage to get 13 Ws (thx to gifts from the Cubs, like yesterday). 

And outside of knucklehead Wright you can't blame our SPs for a change.  Yes, I wish Lovullo was here!
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Will someone out there please tell me why all of us on this board see what's going on and Dombrowski doesn't?  Could it be that I have been right all along that DD has been told by Prune Face that Farrell is not to be touched and is bulletproof from action being taken against him, even if the result is the decimation of our season?  It sure looks that way to me.

Bill-806

The end is near for  J F, as well as concern for the roster building by  D D .......  How com we can't get G M's like Dan Duquette, Theo, Ben, and Jeb Hoyer ???

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on May 01, 2017, 11:43:35 PM
Will someone out there please tell me why all of us on this board see what's going on and Dombrowski doesn't?  Could it be that I have been right all along that DD has been told by Prune Face that Farrell is not to be touched and is bulletproof from action being taken against him, even if the result is the decimation of our season?  It sure looks that way to me.

Me too. No MLB executive with Dombrowski's experience would look at this situation and not make a managerial change priority #1.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Muggah

Quote from: elktonnick on May 01, 2017, 09:24:27 PM

Bingo!
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Quote from: Muggah on May 02, 2017, 07:24:21 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on May 01, 2017, 09:24:27 PM

Bingo!
  That's a DOUBLE  B I N G O !!

longgame

They clearly are convinced they have a good team that just is underperforming.  They thought that in 2014 and 2015 too and finished last.  I think the win in '13 and winning the division in '16 led to an easy dismissal of the problems of this team.  The fact is that they need every starter to be playing at or above his potential.  But the real issue seems to be people not having their head in the game.  Four errors is pathetic and they don't count those baserunning blunders errors.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 02, 2017, 09:32:42 AM
They clearly are convinced they have a good team that just is underperforming.  They thought that in 2014 and 2015 too and finished last.  I think the win in '13 and winning the division in '16 led to an easy dismissal of the problems of this team.  The fact is that they need every starter to be playing at or above his potential.  But the real issue seems to be people not having their head in the game.  Four errors is pathetic and they don't count those baserunning blunders errors.

Another home run from your computer and your brain Ted.  They took the same stance in 2014 and 2015 and we all know where that went, and, yes, they forget that 2013 was a fluke even though it was a tremendous high for all Red Sox fans.  That team just over achieved to the max and last season we won the AL East in an otherwise down year for the division.  They better wake up now because we are potentially heading into the gutter if changes are not made......and you know damn well where that first move must be made.