GAME #20, NY YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 24, 2017, 04:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ipot

Chapman adds insult to injury by doing a Kimbrel impression just to make fun of the fans. :losers
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Schloicka

Need to tell JBJ to swing at the good pitches. He had 2 then swung at crap. Was a terrible at bat by him.

elktonnick

This team looks and plays like the "Walking Dead."  Good pitching once again is being undone by brain dead defense and terrible at bats at the plate.  I thought this Machado incident would inject some life in this lackluster ball club.  I don't care what the "Official" word is coming out of the clubhouse but I smell something rotten on Yawkey Way.  They look terrible at the plate and I don't mean that they aren't hitting.  It is worse than that.  These guys are having terrible at bats. 

SeaBeachFred

You aren't surprised by tonight's results, are you?  I'm not, not at all.  I've said all along we have a gutless bunch of chokers who can't man up when things get rough.  No leadership and there is once again Pedroia begging out because he has a little twinge in his calf, the cowardly twirp.  And why the hell is Leon still in the lineup.  He is down below the Mendoza line while Vazquez is hitting in the 400's.  I'm telling you all now that this team is headed into Shitpile Boulevard if this keeps up and it will as long as they have that worthless bastard managing them and babying those underachieving A-holes.  For the record, I didn't watch the game after the third inning because I knew what was going to happen.  Dombrowski had better wake the ef up because this season is slowly running away from us.  One thing he better do is tell Farrell to stop feeding his players pablum and get Pedroia back in that @#$%&?! lineup tomorrow.  Of course,  there is the problem of getting Sale some runs, which this pathetic bunch of bums never seem able to do.  I am totally disgusted with these pukes and the season is only 20 games old.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 26, 2017, 09:48:49 PM
This team looks and plays like the "Walking Dead."  Good pitching once again is being undone by brain dead defense and terrible at bats at the plate.  I thought this Machado incident would inject some life in this lackluster ball club.  I don't care what the "Official" word is coming out of the clubhouse but I smell something rotten on Yawkey Way.  They look terrible at the plate and I don't mean that they aren't hitting.  It is worse than that.  These guys are having terrible at bats.

You know as well as I do what the problem is.  HInt---look at the Arizona "D" Backs.  That could have been us with a young, aggressive and fighting manager instead of the pathetic piece of crap we currently have.  Oh yes, the players are happy because Farrell babies the shit out of them and when they have to man up and beat down they fold like a tent.  Nothing seems to get to these guys, they have no heart, no guts and no balls.  They say it all starts at the top and you know what we have up there leading us in the dugout, and I don't give a hoot in hell about what the "Official" word that is coming out of the clubhouse.  This team is dead from the beck down and brainless from the neck up.  And somebody had better help Jackie.  He looks like he might in for one of his long droughts.

Bear

This team is not gelling ATM, nor will it in my opinion.
Tom Werner must be unhappy as he stated a while back
that he doesn't mind spending the money, but bring us
a WINNER.
Not going to happen this season. sigh

Muggah

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on April 26, 2017, 09:59:00 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 26, 2017, 09:48:49 PM

You know as well as I do what the problem is.  HInt---look at the Arizona "D" Backs.  That could have been us with a young, aggressive and fighting manager instead of the pathetic piece of crap we currently have.  Oh yes, the players are happy because Farrell babies the shit out of them and when they have to man up and beat down they fold like a tent.  Nothing seems to get to these guys, they have no heart, no guts and no balls.  They say it all starts at the top and you know what we have up there leading us in the dugout, and I don't give a hoot in hell about what the "Official" word that is coming out of the clubhouse.  This team is dead from the beck down and brainless from the neck up.  And somebody had better help Jackie.  He looks like he might in for one of his long droughts.

I don't recall an incident being handled as poorly as Pedroia and management handled this recent flap with Machado and the O's. And if this is what Dombrowski calls 'leadership,' then we're in for a very bumpy ride.

Again, the talent is obviously there---but until a firebrand leader who is going to demand accountability from this bunch arrives on the scene, nothing much is going to change. This team will continue to tread water.

And for godsakes where the hell is Blake Swihart? Why in blazes are we still sticking with Leon?
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bear

Maybe Farrell is just using players who are definitely breathing, no matter how difficult it may be to inhale.
There has to be a scale they follow???? rofl

elktonnick

It isn't just a lack of leadership. This team is poorly constructed.  Hanley is out of place at DH.  He needs to be on the field to effective but the is no place to put him.  Bogaerts is showing his limitations at short. Why does he still have that hiccup when he throws to first. That should have been drilled out of him long ago. He will continue to make bad throws to first because he ends up rushing his throws.  And Sandoval is better suited to being third base not playing it.
If the Sox don't make some real changes this is shaping up to one of the most frustrating of seasons.

longgame

It's pretty obvious that this team just isn't the same without Big Papi.  They can go at everyone and unless everyone is hot (they're not) there's not much of a chance.  Betts doesn't look close to his near-MVP performance last year.  Bradley just can't swing at good pitches.  Bogey remains an average at best fielder.  They don't have a 3B, the 2B is more worried about guys on other teams liking him.  I love Benitendi but he's a kid and can't lay much on him.  Moreland is a suprising upside.  As someone else said, Hanley doesn't seem to take to the DH role for whatever reason.  The pitching is up and down but since they don't hit it doesn't really matter. 

I imagine we're going to hear a lot of "Gotta tip your cap to the opposing pitcher" this year.  The real shame is that this is shaping up to be a long season, even longer with listening to Dave O'Brien.  I had to watch ESPN after he made a comment about the Marlins sale and didn't know the deal had been approved.  He "thought" Derek Jeter would be involved. I mean you have nothing to do but sit around and talk baseball all day and you didn't know this?  Between what he doesn't know, what he acts like he knows after Jerry says it, or when he repeats the same thing for games on end, he's really difficult to listen to - plus he doesn't have a great voice.

I can see not watching a lot of ball this summer if things continue - bad baseball and a bad broadcast?

SeaBeachFred

It looks like the whole ensemble sucks to the max in Boston.  If it wasn't for retiring Papi's number on June 23 I would cancel my trip right now.  I still might.  This is one shitty team we have guys and gals, and I'll bet Pablum Pedroia will sit out tonight again because his little calf might still have a little soreness, the poor candy ass baby.  This is proof positive of how Farrell has turned what could be a tough bunch of young players into a nursery.  Fire that bastard before the whole season rots away.  Werner says give me a champion....well dumbass, you ain't gonna get one with pet of yours managing this  team.....not now, not ever.