GAME #20, NY YANKEES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, April 24, 2017, 04:15:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

If the first Yankees-Sox game of the year, with an extra day off before to sit on it, isn't enough to get these guys fired up, they should be playing in Tampa! 

longgame

Pedey is out, just saw it tweeted by Alex Speier.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on April 26, 2017, 02:05:22 PM
Pedey is out, just saw it tweeted by Alex Speier.

Oh what the hell is the matter with him.  Day to day my ass.  This guy is going to be meeliy mouthing it for the next month.  Tape it up damn it and get your ass in the lineup.  Once again Farrell's pablum has affected another one of our players.

Bear

DUSTIN PEDROIA EXPLAINS WHY HE’S NOT IN THE LINEUP AGAINST THE YANKEES

Rob Bradford

It was the surprise of the day.

When John Farrell went on the Dale, Holley & Keefe Show and said Dustin Pedroia wouldn’t be in the starting lineup, it caught most by surprise. Farrell had just said the day before he would have put the second baseman in the batting order Tuesday if the game wasn’t postponed.

So what happened? Pedroia explained …

“I did some activities yesterday, kind of tested it out a little bit. Just a little sore,” the second baseman told WEEI.com regarding his surgically-repaired left knee, which was sprained when Baltimore’s Manny Machdo slid into it Friday night. “They’re just going to give me one more day and I’ll be in there.”

Considering the knee was the one Pedroia had to rehab all offseason, it seemed fair to consider that this might be a concern going forward. But the 33 year old downplayed any potential lasting effects.

“I didn’t tear any ligaments or anything,” Pedroia said. “I’m hoping to get out there tomorrow and be fine. I did a lot of stuff today to test it and be ready. I’ve played through a lot worse. I can’t hurt myself by being out there.”

“Well, when Dr. [Peter] Asnis examined him, felt like there was still some strong stability in the knee,” Farrell said. “Recognizing there was still some swelling in the ankle and somewhat around the knee area. Given the impact that took place, we didn’t think this was going to be completely gone in a matter of two or three days either.”

In Pedroia’s place in the lineup for the series opener is once again Marco Hernandez.

Another backup infielder who might be filling in if not for his own ailment is Brock Holt, who reported that his vertigo had improved dramatically and was expecting to go on a rehab assignment in the coming days.

http://fullcount.weei.com/sports/boston/baseball/red-sox/2017/04/26/dustin-pedroia-explains-why-hes-not-in-the-lineup-against-the-yankees/

Bear

Maybe it should have rained again today...just sayin.
Pedey may be with us tomorrow.

markj

Wouldn't be a Red Sox game if they weren't in an early hole.

ipot

Sox continue the tradition of scoring and hitting nothing into 5 innings. Keep doing that and Porcello can only do so much
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

longgame

Sox keeping up their lackluster ways, polishing it off with some sloppy defense.  It's hard to watch these guys.

markj

Heading for their third shutout in 6 games. Pathetic.

markj

Yankees gifted the Sox a run. They had Benintendi dead to rights at home and went to 1st for the out instead.

markj

DP set up now. JBJ needs to go deep. Keep it out of the infield.

markj

JBJ K's. Rutledge is 0-3. This isn't going to end happily.

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

ipot

Of course it comes down to Rutledge  ::)
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

markj

Rutledge almost brought it home, but no such luck.