GAME #76, MINNESOTA TWINS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 26, 2017, 02:48:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill-806

Quote from: markj on June 26, 2017, 09:10:32 PM
Solid pitching takes the day. Glad to see Sale adding to his wins.
  B I N G O  dat !!!  We need 4 in a row......  I think the YANKS won last night ???

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on June 27, 2017, 02:28:24 AM
Quote from: Bear on June 26, 2017, 02:28:48 PM
QuoteIf Sale can keep the Twins to 1 run in 8 innings, we have a 50/50 shot at winning.

Is this what they call a challenge?

BTW, Henry Owens demoted to Double-A Portland.

To the bats. Yup.  8)

Well, Berrios is a good pitcher so on this game they get a pass.  He got in trouble early and spotted us the 2 runs.  He pretty much matched Sale from then on.  But Sale out-pitched him so....we get the W.

Owens will end up playing in a Beer League at the rate he's going.

I would like to know their reason for keeping a guy who gets worse every season on the 40 man roster.If the showed any improvement at all I could understand it but he has not.

longgame

Quote from: ojdidit on June 27, 2017, 06:27:37 AM
Barnes is just so damn frustrating. Three straight K's and he can juice it up to Kimbrel and Kelly's range. Next time out he'll probably walk two when he comes in.

He's been a different guy home and away.

Rob from Mass

Moreland with a total oppo field bomb last night.At a salary of 5.5 mill he looks like a  great bargain.

Rob from Mass

Quote from: longgame on June 27, 2017, 07:55:26 AM
Quote from: ojdidit on June 27, 2017, 06:27:37 AM
Barnes is just so damn frustrating. Three straight K's and he can juice it up to Kimbrel and Kelly's range. Next time out he'll probably walk two when he comes in.

He's been a different guy home and away.

Reports are saying Barnes made some adjustments to his delivery and leg kick and he felt more comfortable in his delivery. The key now is to be able to do that each outing and see if indeed it can continue to help.

ipot

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 27, 2017, 07:47:35 AM
Quote from: ipot on June 27, 2017, 02:28:24 AM
Quote from: Bear on June 26, 2017, 02:28:48 PM
QuoteIf Sale can keep the Twins to 1 run in 8 innings, we have a 50/50 shot at winning.

Is this what they call a challenge?

BTW, Henry Owens demoted to Double-A Portland.

To the bats. Yup.  8)

Well, Berrios is a good pitcher so on this game they get a pass.  He got in trouble early and spotted us the 2 runs.  He pretty much matched Sale from then on.  But Sale out-pitched him so....we get the W.

Owens will end up playing in a Beer League at the rate he's going.

I would like to know their reason for keeping a guy who gets worse every season on the 40 man roster.If the showed any improvement at all I could understand it but he has not.

Good question.  I wonder if it has something to do with the lack of good pitching depth in the system OR to create some perception in other teams that he's better than he is (not) for trade bait.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee