GAME #74, LA ANGELS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, June 24, 2017, 03:08:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Leesam01

Sox offense is anemic.

I wonder if they can upgrade enough at 3B to make a difference.

elktonnick

It is baffling how a team which hits this inconsistently can be in first place.

markj

One good swing wins it. One bad one ends it.

markj

ipot

The script for this was written before the game started. What happened with Meyer yesterday was the aberration. Price had to throw a shutout. Not his fault. This offense CANNOT HIT OPPOSING STARTERS.  The only reason we're in 1st is because the NYY have been crapping their pants for the last 15 games.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

elktonnick

I have seen perhaps 4000 baseball games in more than 60 years of watching this game in my lifetime. I have never seen a play like that where a third strike lands on top of the screen allowing a run to score.  If someone can cite another time that has happened in major league history, I would love to know about it.

Bill-806

DISSAPPOINTED for sure, thought we had turned the corner with that offense !! thumb_d

Rob from Mass

Quote from: ipot on June 24, 2017, 10:03:16 PM
The script for this was written before the game started. What happened with Meyer yesterday was the aberration. Price had to throw a shutout. Not his fault. This offense CANNOT HIT OPPOSING STARTERS.  The only reason we're in 1st is because the NYY have been crapping their pants for the last 15 games.

As I said the other day .There is not a GOOD TEAM in the ALE.

Bill-806

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 25, 2017, 08:03:50 AM
Quote from: ipot on June 24, 2017, 10:03:16 PM

As I said the other day .There is not a GOOD TEAM in the ALE.
ROB,  DAD & Bill-806 are ready to  B I N G O  dat !!! rofl