GAME #52, BOSTON RED SOX AT CHICAGO WHITE SOX

Started by Bear, May 31, 2017, 03:26:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Schloicka

Good game for Pomeranz. Only 1 earned run. No walks & 8 strikeouts.

Schloicka

Barnes with a good 8th and Kimbrel strikes out the side in the 9th. On to Baltimore.

ipot

Quote from: ipot on May 31, 2017, 08:23:25 PM
Replace Hanley with Panda = same result.

Late correction on my earlier post  ;)  I think I should leave the gastropub in the 5th more often.  Come home to Panda going 3 for 4 with an RBI and Pom Pom getting it done 2 straight starts.

Kimbrel has a 0.75 ERA in 24 inns.  Wow.
"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 31, 2017, 02:51:19 PM
BTW, it apparently is all up to me.  I always joke to myself about certain Sox items in my house, among them a particular Sox t-shirt and a Red Sox mug.  At times I've been "convinced" that this shirt or another seems to work for or against the Sox.  This year it's the coffee mug!  It's the mug I use most often, if it's clean, I use it.  I noticed that it seemed like they were losing when I used it so when they won back a week or so ago and I hadn't used it, I didn't use it for rest of the week.  Until after the day game on Saturday when I used it Saturday night, obviously before the game they lost on Sunday.  Defying the Gods of Baseball, I brazenly used the cup again on Sunday night and they lost on Monday.  I did not use the mug yesterday so I'm also not using it today.

If they win tonight, give me all the credit.  If they lose, I'll be using my Sox mug tomorrow morning!

They won so I will give you as much credit as you want Ted.  How do you like that----Sale gets racked up badly last night and tonight Pomeranz pitches a gem.  No wonder you can't really figure out baseball.  It certainly isn't like football or basketball where usually the better team almost always wins.  Not so in baseball.  Well, we won this series after losing the first game and I for one didn't think we'd do that after our crapola game on Monday.

Sandoval also comes in and gets three hits and an RBI---and he shuts me up for at least one night or two.

Bill-806

Another  "W", now its on to Baltimore...  Go SOX !! thumb_u

longgame

My Bosox mug and I accept say "you're welcome!"  It remains on the shelf in the kitchen cabinet.

Great performance by Pomeranz.  With Porcello underachieving and Price still a question mark, this was a big deal.  The Sox have an opportunity to really establish a great rotation.  The good rotation of course also protects the bullpen.

Speaking of the bullpen, Kimbrel is simply amazing.  Three more quick K's last night.  He is nearly unhittable. 

With the offense getting something done, this can be a good thing.  The next week with Baltimore and NYY could be telling.

Bill-806

Quote from: longgame on June 01, 2017, 08:13:50 AM
My Bosox mug and I accept say "you're welcome!"  It remains on the shelf in the kitchen cabinet.

Great performance by Pomeranz.  With Porcello underachieving and Price still a question mark, this was a big deal.  The Sox have an opportunity to really establish a great rotation.  The good rotation of course also protects the bullpen.

Speaking of the bullpen, Kimbrel is simply amazing.  Three more quick K's last night.  He is nearly unhittable. 

With the offense getting something done, this can be a good thing.  The next week with Baltimore and NYY could be telling.
   B I N G O ALL !!! thumb_u

Rob from Mass

Pomeranz starting to show why the Sox thought highly of him.Last 2 outings have been very good with 1 BBand 19 Ks going 6 and 7 innings. Slim Panda with a nice game but Beni looking overmatched.

longgame

Quote from: Rob from Mass on June 01, 2017, 10:27:03 AM
Pomeranz starting to show why the Sox thought highly of him.Last 2 outings have been very good with 1 BBand 19 Ks going 6 and 7 innings. Slim Panda with a nice game but Beni looking overmatched.

Seems like every rookie goes through that like Benitendi.  Pedroia didn't hit for a month when he came up.  JBJ you may recall was causing a stir because he hit so well and people were worried about club control and then he stunk it up.  Plus AB was thrown right into the middle of the lineup.  It was great when he was hot, but I'm sure he'll come around.