GAME #10, TAMPA BAY RAYS AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, April 14, 2017, 08:44:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Muggah

It's becoming clearer by the day that this young group just isn't playing to the level it did when Diva and Lovullo were around. I see zero in the way of leadership in this group. And what we're watching is more or less simply an extension of ST, where---according to Farrell---these games don't matter.

If he hasn't already, Dombrowski has got to realize that Farrell isn't the manager to guide this group to the next level. Without Ortiz and Lovullo around to constantly chip at these kids' heels we're simply not going to see the same results. We look sleepy, tired, and most importantly uninspired. And when excuses continue to outweigh accountability, the end results will likely be the same.

I have suspected for some time that Pruney is in a large part responsible for Farrell's continued presence. What we're watching is only adding validity to my hunch. It simply doesn't make sense to me that someone with Dombrowski's pedigree doesn't realize that this young core needs a 21st century innovator, a firebrand, who's capable of successfully tapping into 21st century players.
Bosox Board: The Exclusive Home of Muggah

Bill-806

Quote from: Bear on April 15, 2017, 02:42:04 AM
I just checked Panda'a average:
9 games .143 average.  Surely we have another player
that could do as well and even a little better.
Why is Farrell keeping him in the game?
Answer:  Because he's Farrell and he can. iono
As  DAD would say, "SON, the games you loose in APRIL, you will need to win in SEPTEMBER"  !!! thumb_d

longgame

We used to have an annual argument on another board about whether games won later in the year have more value.  I concluded that they do only if you lose too many early - like we're doing.  The pitching is a real concern with Price out and the rest not named Sale stinking.  The hitting should come around since we had guys that got sick or injured right out of spring training.  What I'm worried about offensively is that we are an infield singles hitting team.  I believe that in the Baltimore blowout and last night's game we gave up more runs in each of those games than the entire team has all season long.  Nobody in this lineup is a consistent threat like Ortiz was and even if Betts is that threat, they can pitch around him. 

Sandoval is a waste of space.  Not sure why he had it going in ST, but whatever he had, it's gone (I think fear of losing his job had something to do with it).  Hernandez is a so-so defender but he can hit, so let's get him in the lineup on a regular basis.  I don't know what to say about Farrell.  Guys have to get it done at some point and giving up early leads and choking with the bases loaded (Schloika's lament!) don't make it any easier.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: ipot on April 14, 2017, 10:40:12 PM
Quote from: Bear on April 14, 2017, 10:36:13 PM
Well, we lost another.  Sad.  So I understand Panda lost the weight so I don't think we'll ever
see him play ball the way he was expected to play.  We can't wait much longer to start
putting "W" up there; we get 10 games behind, we won't catch up.
You did a good job today Mark...Thank you.

I dunno, bear.  Panda looks overweight to me again.  He was much thinner in ST.  He put on weight, IMO.

Oh you know IPOT---stop playing the fool..  You're more than smart enough to know that Fatso has put most of the weight back on.....just as he did when he played for the Giants and lost 40 pounds that off season around 2013 or 2014.  He put it all back on and then some.  I remember that very well from some Giants fans who complained about him and his weight.  Well he has put most of it back on and once again Farrell the dunce will NOT put him on a scale  to monitor his weight while he gets fatter and fatter.  By the summer when it gets hot he will be wheezing just as he did in 2015 before he was taken out before he collapsed. Meanwhile Prune Face will hold onto  to him like a shield to  try and get back two cents on the dollar for that contract he gave him after the 2014 season.  Still, he has company.  Just look at today....we win 2-1 and finally get Chris Sale a win....and what happens.  Most of the team's hitters go on vacation or get a bad case of the yips.  We hit when we're far behind but stink when we need badly to get some hits to give Sale some leeway.  Just look at how the team shit the bed at the plate today.

Yes, we're supposed to have talent and i believe we do.  What we don't have is a good team.  Right now it is a talented bunch but a really shitty team.  That's my opinion and these 11 games so far are bearing it out.  Sorry I went off my friend, but this team of ours is really pissing me off.  We should be playing better now, and when the #$%& is Price, Bradley, Thornburg and Smith going to get back on the field?  Vacation time is over.....get the hell back on the field. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Muggah on April 15, 2017, 06:04:34 AM
It's becoming clearer by the day that this young group just isn't playing to the level it did when Diva and Lovullo were around. I see zero in the way of leadership in this group. And what we're watching is more or less simply an extension of ST, where---according to Farrell---these games don't matter.

If he hasn't already, Dombrowski has got to realize that Farrell isn't the manager to guide this group to the next level. Without Ortiz and Lovullo around to constantly chip at these kids' heels we're simply not going to see the same results. We look sleepy, tired, and most importantly uninspired. And when excuses continue to outweigh accountability, the end results will likely be the same.

I have suspected for some time that Pruney is in a large part responsible for Farrell's continued presence. What we're watching is only adding validity to my hunch. It simply doesn't make sense to me that someone with Dombrowski's pedigree doesn't realize that this young core needs a 21st century innovator, a firebrand, who's capable of successfully tapping into 21st century players.

Suspected for some time Muggah?  Surely you jest.  You KNOW Prune Face is in back of this.  When Dumbo said he felt a manager was more important for handling a team than how to run a club the shit came flying out of the bag and it had Henry's name all on it .  And why are still dealing with deadbeat Sandoval.  He is down to 130 or so, has put most of the weight back on and isn't doing squat for us.....and to be fair, he has some company there.  First allowing Farrell to return in 2016 when he failed so miserably in 2014 and 2015, especially when Lovullo had the team winning, and then letting him get away to Arizona while we kept Clueless John around speaks volumes to the incompetency that has settled on this ball club.  The players like playing for him, that seems to be the case, but could it be because there is no requirement or urgency to take it to  the next level?  By what I've seen so far, the answer is EFEN yes!!!!!!!