7. Brice Turang (L) 2B
8. Joey Wiemer (R) CF
9. Blake Perkins (S) RF

Gametime Temp: 44°F
Chance of Precip: 10%

Schloicka

markj

Schloicka

Bullpen for Sox was good tonight. To bad our starter gave up 5 runs.

elktonnick

Yes Whitlock gave up a couple of home runs but I thought Kike  misplaced Yelich's hit to center which ultimately was the difference.  The lack of a quality defensive centerfielder hurt in this one,IMHO

MongoLikeSox

It might be just me, but I thought Whitlock has had a little more zip on his repertoire than we saw last night. In the end, you groove some pitches to good big league hitters and they will get laced.

Give the Brewers' GM some credit for their catching situation. They got the Braves Catcher (Contreras with 5 years of control left) who just had an offensive break-out in 2022 as part of a 3-way trade with the Braves and A's. The Braves were getting Murphy from the A's. The A's wanted a controllable CF'er. Brewers gave up Estuery Ruiz to the A's, a rookie this year who had an offensive breakout of his own last year in AA/AAA, batting .332, 16HR, .447 OBP and 85 SB. Should be a good deal for all teams involved.

Quote from: elktonnick on April 22, 2023, 09:08:44 PM
Yes Whitlock gave up a couple of home runs but I thought Kike  misplaced Yelich's hit to center which ultimately was the difference.  The lack of a quality defensive centerfielder hurt in this one,IMHO
Agreed.

Sea Dog 23

The Sox are in the middle of playing some of the top teams in baseball.  Being 11-11 is probably better than expected, however we're still in last place.  Coming up is a series with Baltimore, who have won 5 in a row and in second place keeping pace with the Rays.  It's going to be a tough hill to climb, but say it again, better than expected.