Main Menu

Kiermaier to the Jays

Started by longgame, December 10, 2022, 06:11:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 26, 2023, 09:53:33 AM
Padres are in the process of finalizing a Bogey type deal for Manny Machado.  Money to burn.  11 years, however San Diego ups his deal to $350 mil (Bogey got $280m)  Thats $31.8 AAV.

That puts him I think at 42 at the end of their contract.  They better win a lot in the next 5 years!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on February 26, 2023, 10:54:42 AM
Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 26, 2023, 09:53:33 AM
Padres are in the process of finalizing a Bogey type deal for Manny Machado.  Money to burn.  11 years, however San Diego ups his deal to $350 mil (Bogey got $280m)  Thats $31.8 AAV.

That puts him I think at 42 at the end of their contract.  They better win a lot in the next 5 years!

As for your last sentence longgame, the Padres did eliminate the Dodgers in the NLDS last year three games to one. That's the good news, but a one shot pony isn't going to do it.  They have to take over the domination of the NL West, keep outpacing the Dodgers and go on to win a World Series, something they have never done, within that  time period.  Large adoring crowds in a terrific city known for its great amenities would encourage new free agents to keep humming into San Diego because the Padres would be rolling in with money for that.  Winning does that, losing doesn't as our Red Sox might have to find out this coming season unless ownership, the baseball ops people and the board of strategy get their shit together.  My wife has become a big Padres fan the past few years and I am rooting for her to get a feel of what a championship could mean to her and all Padres fans.  I still think I remember ours.