Sox win again

Started by longgame, February 27, 2023, 02:54:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

4-1 over Minnesota.  Duran with a homer.  Not a lot of names throwing once again.  Nice to see them win though.

SeaBeachFred

Very nice Ted.  Hopefully they can start trying to make that a habit.

longgame

February, 28
6:40 PM

Red Sox

1. Greg Allen (S) LF
2. Triston Casas (L) 1B
3. Bobby Dalbec (R) 3B
4. Raimel Tapia (L) CF
5. Rob Refsnyder (R) RF
6. Jorge Alfaro (R) DH
7. Connor Wong (R) C
8. Nick Sogard (S) 2B
9. David Hamilton (L) SS

Corey Kluber (R)

Marlins

1. Luis Arraez (L) 2B
2. Jorge Soler (R) DH
3. Jazz Chisholm Jr. (L) CF
4. Garrett Cooper (R) 1B
5. Avisail Garcia (R) RF
6. Jean Segura (R) 3B
7. Joey Wendle (L) SS
8. Jerar Encarnacion (R) LF
9. Austin Allen (L) C

Trevor Rogers (L)

longgame

Valdez with a nice HR late in the game. Sox looked good and won easily.  Valdez can put some pressure on the oft-injured Arroyo for 2B. 

longgame

Sox take on the Astros today at 1.  Travel game so not a lot of the big names but Casas and Dalbec getting another look and Arroyo at SS while Valdez starts at 2B.

longgame

Sox tied Houston yesterday and today are leading the Phils early, 7-1.  Fun to watch them win at least.

MongoLikeSox

Feltman pitched an 1.1 inning against the Phillies. Anyone see it and notice how he was throwing? I was hoping he found his heater again after losing it two years ago. Yeah, I know. Slim chances.

longgame

Sox keep rolling after a big win yesterday.  Paxton went 1 2/3 with a K and no hits.  Sox are swinging the bats again and are up 7-4.

longgame

Sox keep winning but I'm hearing Turner got beaned pretty badly today.  Anyone have an update?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on March 06, 2023, 12:37:47 PM
Sox keep winning but I'm hearing Turner got beaned pretty badly today.  Anyone have an update?

What impresses me is that the Red Sox are getting the knack of knowing how to win.  That can be important leading into the season when it really counts because it is generally agreed that thje team mut get off to a good start and be bringing up the rear with some haphazard baseball.  One thing that has puzzled me is what they do when the games do go into extra innings.  Will the team bow their necks and get those extra innings victories?  Aside from some injuries and hoping we've had enough of them, will we be ready for the real thing.  7-0-3 is not a bad way to start the Grapefruit League season.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on March 06, 2023, 04:47:02 PM

What impresses me is that the Red Sox are getting the knack of knowing how to win.  That can be important leading into the season when it really counts because it is generally agreed that thje team mut get off to a good start and be bringing up the rear with some haphazard baseball.  One thing that has puzzled me is what they do when the games do go into extra innings.  Will the team bow their necks and get those extra innings victories?  Aside from some injuries and hoping we've had enough of them, will we be ready for the real thing.  7-0-3 is not a bad way to start the Grapefruit League season.

I'm trying not to get overly excited about the ST performance.  Seems like a lot of young guys doing a lot.  Last time I checked Duvall hadn't hat a hit yet (and 6 Ks), Kike had 1.  Casas and Dalbec are raking which is a good sign.  Ryan Fitzgerald having another great spring.  Yoshida has 1 hit but only 5 at bats. I would have thought they'd give him as many ABs as possible before the WBC.  Still early but the signs on Duvall aren't good, and I've never been a Kike fan.

Pumpsie Green

Got a bunch of stitches (16 I think) but his scans were clean. Rub some dirt on it and get back into the batters box.