Westmoreland

Started by Sea Dog 23, January 29, 2023, 06:47:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on February 17, 2023, 04:58:04 PM
Cora said that Bello's forearm stiffness is because he was throwing a lot of breaking balls.  If they have him working on a cutter they should be all fired for incompetence.

When asked later about getting shut down, Bello changed the feeling from “soreness” to just “tightness”

“I didn’t feel any pain. I just felt tight,  and I really didn’t want to force it,” Bello said through translator Carlos Villoria Benítez here at JetBlue Park on Saturday.

Also Paxton was throwing this week. His first normal  spring training since 2019.  Sale is up next week,

elktonnick

I hope they have trainers and doctors fluent in Spanish.  Diagnosis through translators can be problematic.  Quite frankly they should have Dominican trainers and doctors.

Sea Dog 23

Adelberto Mondesi is in camp and just began baseball activities during his knee rehab. Batting, throwing, but no programmed running.

On a minor league note OF Marcus Wilson was signed Saturday.  DFAd by Sox last year and was claimed by Mariners.  Six at bats in Seattle, 1 hit, 1 run, 4 Ks.

Sea Dog 23

Where to start? In Prune Face’ rambling rebuttal in The Athletic some plums:

We wil never be a $300 mil salary team”
“You must remember there are 30 teams all trying to sign the best players” (Really?)
“You press guys push a false narrative about not spending to improve the Red Sox”
“You reported we were booed at the Winter Weekend, but you didn’t mention there wa a standing ovation at the end”
“This is not Bloom’s team in the end, but the hole organization’s team”

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 20, 2023, 08:07:04 AM
Where to start? In Prune Face’ rambling rebuttal in The Athletic some plums:

We wil never be a $300 mil salary team”
“You must remember there are 30 teams all trying to sign the best players” (Really?)
“You press guys push a false narrative about not spending to improve the Red Sox”
“You reported we were booed at the Winter Weekend, but you didn’t mention there wa a standing ovation at the end”
“This is not Bloom’s team in the end, but the hole organization’s team”

He's getting lit up as he should on social media.  Just trying to lay out his skewed view of life versus what actually happens along with Baghdad Bloom.  He also said he wasn't happy with last year and they addressed it (by signing lesser players and lots of injured guys).   Just amazing how clueless he is.

elktonnick

My take away from the article was that Henry is unable to accept reality.  If Spring training tickets sales are any barometer, the Sox are in big trouble at the box office.

longgame

I wish I remembered the numbers but apparently the media coverage is pretty low too.  Found the tweet from Sean Mcadam, here it is:

QuoteFor what was essentially 1st day of spring training - w/ Cora and Bloom speaking -- there were 5 Boston media outlets in Fort Myers: 1 TV station and 4 newspapers/web sites. If that doesn't greatly concern the Red Sox, it should. Not long ago, that number would have been tripled.

elktonnick

I have been going to ST games for 9 years.  This the first year that ST tickets are still available.  I do not mean  a few but a lot.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 19, 2023, 11:50:13 AM
Adelberto Mondesi is in camp and just began baseball activities during his knee rehab. Batting, throwing, but no programmed running.

On a minor league note OF Marcus Wilson was signed Saturday.  DFAd by Sox last year and was claimed by Mariners.  Six at bats in Seattle, 1 hit, 1 run, 4 Ks.

fIRST u cHANG AND NOW mARCUS wILSON, TWO DUDS WHO STUNK UP THE JOING LAST YEAR BROUGHT BACK FOR ANOTHER ENCORE.  wHAT'S NEXT, ANOTHER JACKIE BRADLEY COMEBACK????

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on February 20, 2023, 08:55:21 AM
My take away from the article was that Henry is unable to accept reality.  If Spring training tickets sales are any barometer, the Sox are in big trouble at the box office.

I'm doing my part Elk.  I recently cancelled  my subscription to the BLB totol package because I cannot stomach what I will be seeing on it if I kept that program.  I also  told the Red Sox that , NO, I will not becoming to Boston this season or asking to purchase tickets.  Now if we could thousands of fans going the same way and doing ths dame things perhaps we would wake the Prune up and make him realise that he is indeed driving the team into a real hole.  Apparentey he doesn't know  that.  Either that he is just to stupid and dense to understand reality.

elktonnick

Tomase's article reinforces the point that John Henry has zero people skills.  He has absolutely no concept of how his actions affect other people.