Main Menu

Ticket Sales

Started by elktonnick, January 12, 2023, 07:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

It’s about time to gear up for Jet Blue.  A list of NRI’s who will pop up in early games:

Red Sox announce 10 non-roster invitees to big league camp:

RHPs Dan Altavilla, Taylor Broadway, Durbin Feltman, Victor Santos and Chase Shugart
INFs Christian Koss and Matthew Lugo
INF/OFs Ryan Fitzgerald and Nick Sogard
C Stephen Scott

As far as the WBC baseball tourney, Matasaka Yoshida will miss ST for two weeks playing for Japan.  Yikes.

Triston Casas was selected for the WBC Puerto Rico roster, but has declined to play and will report on time to

longgame

I get how important it is for a lot of these guys to play in WBC, but a guy like Yoshida with zero MLB time should be trying to not be a liability to his new team.  Just another bump in the road of this offseason I guess. 

Sea Dog 23

I’m not a fan of the WBC tourney. And especially this year when most of the Sox from 22 have been turned over into a new lineup,  missing approx two weeks of time in Ft Myers could be detrimental.  Also a quick physical ramp up to play in the WBC could result in medical issues later on.  It is what it is.

Expected to play,
Jorge Alfaro, Colombia

Richard Bleier, Israel

Rafael Devers, Dominican Republic

Kiké Hernández, Puerto Rico

Nick Pivetta, Canada

Ceddanne Rafaela, Netherlands

Ryan Sherriff, Israel

Alex Verdugo, Mexico

Masataka Yoshida, Japan

Red Sox players who could participate:

Christian Arroyo, Puerto Rico

Kenley Jansen, Netherlands

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 01, 2023, 06:14:32 PM
It’s about time to gear up for Jet Blue.  A list of NRI’s who will pop up in early games:

Red Sox announce 10 non-roster invitees to big league camp:

RHPs Dan Altavilla, Taylor Broadway, Durbin Feltman, Victor Santos and Chase Shugart
INFs Christian Koss and Matthew Lugo
INF/OFs Ryan Fitzgerald and Nick Sogard
C Stephen Scott

As far as the WBC baseball tourney, Matasaka Yoshida will miss ST for two weeks playing for Japan.  Yikes.

Triston Casas was selected for the WBC Puerto Rico roster, but has declined to play and will report on time to

For the record in case some of you missed or ju st plain forgot about him but Durbin Feltman was paraded four years ago as our possible "closer of the future", a term I hate more than most any o ther term used in baseball.  Well Feltman never came around as he joins a whole list of flops in our never ending quest to develop a good starter and a good reliever.  And I don't know why Yoshida is going to be AWOL for two weeks.  He got a lot of cash to sign with us and his ass should be at Fort Myers for Spring  Training so he can get the lay of the land and understand  the responsibility he must show.  If he flops early on his ears are going to be fried by the fans at Fenway because from what I've heard and read Red Sox fans are going to be very short tempered if the team resembles the pig show of last season.   And hooray for Casas.

elktonnick

Tons of Spring training tickets still available.  Unheard of!  Sox fans are voting no confidence in Bloom.

MongoLikeSox

Feltman lost a lot off his fastball a couple years ago and his stats went to hell. All's that was left for him to finish developing was consistent control. IIRC, every 4-5 games he came out and laid an egg with walks and such. Nowadays I'm surprised he's still around.

Sea Dog 23

As an example of Sox MGT being completely tone-deaf, the website has listed newly signed Justin Turner wearing No 2, the same number worn by departed Xander Bogaerts and by legend Jerry Remy.  Could Turner actually get booed walking to the plate?

markj

Tone deaf indeed. If they any sense at all, they'd retire the No 2 jersey in honor of Remy. Another "no duh!" moment for the brain dead front office.

MongoLikeSox

I was really hoping that was some sort of typo.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on February 05, 2023, 04:07:10 PM
As an example of Sox MGT being completely tone-deaf, the website has listed newly signed Justin Turner wearing No 2, the same number worn by departed Xander Bogaerts and by legend Jerry Remy.  Could Turner actually get booed walking to the plate?

I had seen rumblings about that earlier.  Maybe not a number to retire, but also not one to issue when two of the most favorite players to ever wear the number have "left" the team.

longgame

The joke is that the bus broke down on the way to Ft. Myers.  Bloom fired the driver and hired two teenagers, one with a learners permit and a broken arm but good potential. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on February 06, 2023, 08:48:10 AM
The joke is that the bus broke down on the way to Ft. Myers.  Bloom fired the driver and hired two teenagers, one with a learners permit and a broken arm but good potential.

Good one Ted.  Seems to fit the Bloomer boy to a tee. On another note, it seems Justin Turner seems to be very pleased to be a member of the Red Sox.  On MLB this morning he was very upbeat and believes he can be a good fit for the team this season and next.  He takes good care of himself and is a very upbeat guy.  He also has  the swing that can put some balls over the green monster.  Good health is needed from him but I worry less about him than I do some of the other members of our cast.

MongoLikeSox

IIRC, he seemed to be able to step up under the brighter lights of October baseball. Always nice to have a professional hitter as long as they can still catch up to the ball. I thought this was one of the better signings of Blooms' tenure. Time will tell.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on February 06, 2023, 05:11:20 PM
Quote from: longgame on February 06, 2023, 08:48:10 AM

Good one Ted.  Seems to fit the Bloomer boy to a tee. On another note, it seems Justin Turner seems to be very pleased to be a member of the Red Sox.  On MLB this morning he was very upbeat and believes he can be a good fit for the team this season and next.  He takes good care of himself and is a very upbeat guy.  He also has  the swing that can put some balls over the green monster.  Good health is needed from him but I worry less about him than I do some of the other members of our cast.

Interesting. about Turner.. The Sox season has been said to pivot  on who can  protect Devers in the lineup.  Gone are Bogey and JDM with  their .300+ avg.  Can Turner and Duval at the 3 hole and 4 hole keep Raffy from getting  a free pass to 1B  each at bat like Aaron Judge?

Sea Dog 23

News today Sale is out at Jet Blue running sprints.  Meaning . both legs are working, but nothing to say about arms or wrists.