Main Menu

Ticket Sales

Started by elktonnick, January 12, 2023, 07:04:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Spring training tickets went on sale at 10am this morning.  In years past, they were sold out within minutes.  Not so today.  At 8 pm there were plenty of good seats still available for every game except the one game against the Yankees.  Green monster seat still available. That's unheard of.

Sea Dog 23

With mgt. doing a carful value assessment of 3-4 roster spots, there doesn’t seem to be any excitement.  A team that lost so many fan favorites from last year is going to take some time  IMO.

Sea Dog 23

According to Jack Vita of Apple Sports, if spring started this week, the Boston lineup is more clear. I still think they make a marginal signing for another infielder.

1) LF Masataka Yoshida (Rookie, JPL)
2) SS Kike Hernandez .222/.291/.629
3) 3B Rafael Devers .295/.358/.879
4) DH Justin Turner .278/.350/.788
5) RF Alex Verdugo .280/.328/.732

6) CF Adam Duvall .213/.276/.677
7) 1B Triston Casas .197/.358/.766
8) 2B Christian Arroyo .286/.322/.736
9) C Reese McGuire .269/.307/.677

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 18, 2023, 12:52:54 PM
According to Jack Vita of Apple Sports, if spring started this week, the Boston lineup is more clear. I still think they make a marginal signing for another infielder.

1) LF Masataka Yoshida (Rookie, JPL)
2) SS Kike Hernandez .222/.291/.629
3) 3B Rafael Devers .295/.358/.879
4) DH Justin Turner .278/.350/.788
5) RF Alex Verdugo .280/.328/.732

6) CF Adam Duvall .213/.276/.677
7) 1B Triston Casas .197/.358/.766
8) 2B Christian Arroyo .286/.322/.736
9) C Reese McGuire .269/.307/.677

Looking a litle better than before, but I repeat, a little better and not a lot better.  Too many LH hitters in the lineup and they better be able to hit LH pitching or we could once again be in trouble.  Seems I said similar things in 2012, 2014, 2015, 2020 and 2022.  That's a lot of failute for a big market club.

Sea Dog 23

The fans’ displeasure was spoken in volumes at the Sox Winter Weekend in Springfield Friday. Y’all have read about the heated festivities.  I can’t think of any of the MGT team that spoke who wasn’t booed.  One observation I saw, besides extending Devers, the Sox crew fiddled through the off-season by essentially replacing an all star icon in Bogey with a 1 year deal for an aging veteran coming off a season ending injury (Duvall).

Bloom did not win any friends, insisting how far the team has come since 2020.

elktonnick

I hope Henry now realizes that the path he embarked on after the 2018 title is a dead end.  And that Bloom is incapable of getting this team out of the hole Henry has put them in.

MongoLikeSox

One comment I just read in an article on MLB.com. Bloom said, "I'm from Philly, I get it." He added that Red Sox fans have similar fire in the opposite direction when the team is winning, “and that’s wind in our sails.”

No, he doesn't get it. Not at all. If he thinks the Red Sox Nation is enraged because we only won 78 games this past year, he is further out of touch than we thought. Winning cures a lot of ill will, but I will tell you this. To this day, it still hurts to think of Freddy Lynn and Carlton Fisk being jettisoned for the sake of profits and fealty. This is the era and group that lost Betts, Bogey, Benny and Vasquez.  40 years from now, some old guy is going to lament that a helluva lot more than they will remember winning 108 games when the band was still together.

We really loved this team, and that was taken away from us. JH and CB - YOU took it from us.

Sea Dog 23

On Tuesday Bloom said, in so many words, Mondesi would not be available to start the season.  He is recovering from ACL surgery to his knee.  Last April with Royals he was almost caught in a pickoff move at 2B, and injured his knee getting back to the base.  You might say he is a fragile player with a multitude of injuries over last seven years.  He is 27 and started playing in KC at 20.

With him on the IL, SS goes to Kike’ and Arroyo’s backup at 2B is likely Refsnyder and E. Valdez.

“ He’s still rehabbing that injury. We’re going to take over that rehab. He’s going to come from the Dominican to Florida later this week. There is still a ways to go with that. Our expectation is that he may be a little delayed to start the season, but opening day is still a possibility. With an athlete like this, I wouldn’t rule it out. ... We are expecting him, whether he’s on time or not to contribute for the bulk of the year.”

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 25, 2023, 02:45:28 PM
On Tuesday Bloom said, in so many words, Mondesi would not be available to start the season.  He is recovering from ACL surgery to his knee.  Last April with Royals he was almost caught in a pickoff move at 2B, and injured his knee getting back to the base.  You might say he is a fragile player with a multitude of injuries over last seven years.  He is 27 and started playing in KC at 20.

With him on the IL, SS goes to Kike’ and Arroyo’s backup at 2B is likely Refsnyder and E. Valdez.

“ He’s still rehabbing that injury. We’re going to take over that rehab. He’s going to come from the Dominican to Florida later this week. There is still a ways to go with that. Our expectation is that he may be a little delayed to start the season, but opening day is still a possibility. With an athlete like this, I wouldn’t rule it out. ... We are expecting him, whether he’s on time or not to contribute for the bulk of the year.”
Oh, holy crap!

elktonnick

Tomase eviserates Bloom over the Mondesi signing.  Tomase writes "Mondesi is the perfect Red Sox player talented injured tantalizing cheap undervalued and flawed"  The article goes on.
My view Bloom is acting as if he is the GM for some nearly bankrupt barnstorming team of the 1930s trying to cobble together enough players to attract the yokels in Dirtwater Nebraska to come and see these once good players perform one last time.  Bloom would have made a great GM of the House of David that barn stormed rural America in the 20s and 30s not the Boston Red Sox.

MongoLikeSox

Oh, my!  Yeah, I bet they're lining up and/or tripping over themselves to write the same old thing after what, 3-1/2 years of this nonsense?

That player to be named later had better be something special.

Sea Dog 23

No doubt the Sox, a major market club,  are likely headed for another disappointing season.  The Bloom era will be remembered for all kinds of bad moves, but for me he was the guy who broke apart maybe our greatest team in just three years.  Only Devers and Sale (two more years) will be left.  You could count Brasier, but he will be DFAd in or before  Spring training.

elktonnick

Red Sox tv ratings fell by 35 percent last year.  Without a competitive team and no Eckersley in the booth, how low will they go?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on January 27, 2023, 08:27:46 AM
Red Sox tv ratings fell by 35 percent last year.  Without a competitive team and no Eckersley in the booth, how low will they go?

With Dave O'Brien boring fans to death with mundane and useless information, well you asked it Elk----JUST HOW DAMN LOW CAN WE GO????????  the depths could be infinite.  IF and I say IF our team checks in and most have surprisingly good years and play a little over their  heads we could actually climb to third place or maybe even second since the Jays and Rays look  to maybe fall back this year.  But I am not putting any money of that happening right now.

longgame

Bloom watches Major Leagues like it’s a documentary and Henry hasn’t figured out that the owner is the villain.