NESN Red Sox Broadcast team

Started by elktonnick, January 10, 2023, 01:42:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

elktonnick

Word is the Youklis and Middllebrooks will be the primary analysts in the TV booth with O'Brien.  Milar and Wakefield may also appear from time to time.  Massorati has been kicked to the kerb, not that I mind.  Mass said that both the team and network want an anodyne broadcast.  No strong opinions allowed

longgame

Maz was better than I thought he’d be but I’d much rather have a player talking about what it’s like standing in against a guy who comes inside on you, or why a guy made a play a certain way.  Youk did well and like Remy has a chance to grow into it.  Middlebrooks seems to have the broadcasting presence and Millar is fun. 

MongoLikeSox

I'm good with Youk. Middlebrooks is OK, too. Is it a lot of 3-man booth thing, or is it a time share?

I don't know what they were thinking with Masseroti, as touchy as they are. That had zero chance of working. Still bewildered. Was it a hire the bank robber to enhance security kind of thought?

elktonnick

For what its worth, the problem is not Youk or Middlebrooks.  The problem is O'Brien.  Orsillo would bring out the best in Youk.  Middlebrooks would take a bit longer. Millar is okay for about a half inning then he really wears on you.
Nevertheless unless the team improves no broadcast team will be good enough to pull in viewers.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on January 11, 2023, 05:32:59 PM
For what its worth, the problem is not Youk or Middlebrooks.  The problem is O'Brien.  Orsillo would bring out the best in Youk.  Middlebrooks would take a bit longer. Millar is okay for about a half inning then he really wears on you.
Nevertheless unless the team improves no broadcast team will be good enough to pull in viewers.

Funny with O'Brien, but I catch him every now and then doing football or basketball and he's pretty good.  I've figured out that in those cases he knows he doesn't know what he's talking about and he usually doesn't have a fan favorite color guy so he isn't constantly sucking up to them.  When he doesn't act like he knows more than he does, he's competent.  But he's been terrible as a Sox broadcaster.