Shortstop Possibilities?

Started by MongoLikeSox, December 27, 2022, 08:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

I think Sea Dog's point on Lynn has merit. We'd have to jettison Kluber to do so, which looks even more possible after his AAA rehab outing yesterday. Lynn has been no better recently, giving up 7, 9 and 6 runs (3 unearned) the past 3 starts. 

Tim Anderson's year so far defies all sorts of odds, pretty much like most of that team. I know neither of big HR guys, but I would not have believed you if you told me that Anderson, Andrus and Benetendi would combine to hit only 4 HRs by the end of July.

MongoLikeSox

Back to SS - Trevor Story said he is aiming for the Red Sox next home stand, which opens on the 4th, which is only about a week less than the maximum rehab stint. With that, we'll have one extra MI. Chang and Reyes are out of options. Someone has got to go.

#1: Is there any market for Yu Chang and Pablo Reyes? Low level minors type return?
#2: Assuming DFA, whom? Chang has looked out of sorts in the field at times, but has dialed back a teensy bit of his plate.  approach madness. Reyes appears to be the odd man out ATM. 
#3: This sort of relates to both 1 & 2. Is Chang being showcased much like Kike was?

I think we'll know all this in a week.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 30, 2023, 08:50:29 AM
Back to SS - Trevor Story said he is aiming for the Red Sox next home stand, which opens on the 4th, which is only about a week less than the maximum rehab stint. With that, we'll have one extra MI. Chang and Reyes are out of options. Someone has got to go.

#1: Is there any market for Yu Chang and Pablo Reyes? Low level minors type return?
#2: Assuming DFA, whom? Chang has looked out of sorts in the field at times, but has dialed back a teensy bit of his plate.  approach madness. Reyes appears to be the odd man out ATM. 
#3: This sort of relates to both 1 & 2. Is Chang being showcased much like Kike was?

Why all this worry over Yu Chang?  He is a below average fielder and one of those "supposed glove types"who takes his hitting woes out to the infield with him.  Stop the nonsense and get rid of this bum once and for all.  We don't need another JACKIE BRADLEY TYPE 160 HITTER POLLUTING OUR LINEUP ANY LONGER.  Send him packing.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on July 30, 2023, 12:04:09 PM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on July 30, 2023, 08:50:29 AM

Why all this worry over Yu Chang?  He is a below average fielder and one of those "supposed glove types"who takes his hitting woes out to the infield with him.  Stop the nonsense and get rid of this bum once and for all.  We don't need another JACKIE BRADLEY TYPE 160 HITTER POLLUTING OUR LINEUP ANY LONGER.  Send him packing.
Good point, my friend.

longgame

Exactly Fred.  We get Story and Arroyo as full time 2B and SS.  Keep either Chang who can't hit or Reyes who's not as good defensively as a backup. 

MongoLikeSox

One side note on the utility infielder front. The Braves just got an OK backup versatile infielder type - Nicky Lopez - from the Royals for a guy they had just picked up from the Rangers DFA dumpster.

If Chaim Bloom still has any fantasy about his little army of versatile players being of any value, he needn't look any farther than this trade.