Yanks complete trade for Soto

Started by longgame, December 07, 2023, 11:00:27 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

longgame

https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39060328/sources-yankees-acquire-juan-soto-7-player-trade-padres

The Yankees also received outfielder Trent Grisham from the Padres as part of the seven-player deal. In exchange, San Diego received right-handers Michael King, Jhony Brito and Randy Vasquez, starting pitching prospect Drew Thorpe and catcher Kyle Higashioka.

They now have a crowded OF, someone is a platoon player and its not Soto or Judge.  Higahsioka I believe was the longest tenured Yankee.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on December 07, 2023, 11:00:27 AM
https://www.espn.com/mlb/story/_/id/39060328/sources-yankees-acquire-juan-soto-7-player-trade-padres

The Yankees also received outfielder Trent Grisham from the Padres as part of the seven-player deal. In exchange, San Diego received right-handers Michael King, Jhony Brito and Randy Vasquez, starting pitching prospect Drew Thorpe and catcher Kyle Higashioka.

They now have a crowded OF, someone is a platoon player and its not Soto or Judge.  Higahsioka I believe was the longest tenured Yankee.
For some fun, look at what the Yanks gave up for Soto and Grisham and find their equivelents on the Red Sox Roster and farm system. Their spare parts are big components for the current Red Sox.  iono

longgame

A lot of stories about how San Diego blew all their money on Bogey and couldn't afford Soto so basically letting him go also put Soto in NY.  Good move for NY, they know they can't not make a big move after finishing near the bottom of the division. The Sox are waiting for guys to sign for 2000's-era deals.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on December 07, 2023, 02:25:20 PM
Quote from: longgame on December 07, 2023, 11:00:27 AM

For some fun, look at what the Yanks gave up for Soto and Grisham and find their equivelents on the Red Sox Roster and farm system. Their spare parts are big components for the current Red Sox.  iono

Not funny Mongo and consider this......at this point in time December 7, 2023, we are now a weaker team than we were at the end of this recently completed disaster season.  The qu estion is when are we going to get off our asses and start doing somthing to help us stay out of the cellar another season.  And I don't think Seth Lugo is a real answer to our problems even though Prune Face might think he is.  We need some real talent and it is high time we start going about and getting it.