The All Rejected the Red Sox Team - WIP

Started by MongoLikeSox, December 02, 2022, 09:46:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MongoLikeSox

Well, Fred, Swanson signed with the Cubs - 7 years, $177M. I put him on the Rejected Team. I think XB will have to play 3B. LOL

Rumblings already has Machado opting out after next season after 5 years, $150M and turning down the same amount. He might not rake bigger bucks per year, but he might be able to double the contract length. Massive money.

longgame

Add JDM to the list.  One year - $10MM.  Good thing the Red Sox dont need a DH or a SS.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on December 17, 2022, 07:08:58 PM
Add JDM to the list.  One year - $10MM.  Good thing the Red Sox dont need a DH or a SS.
Just saw that. Two things hit me. There was zero consideration to bring him back. I never heard or saw anything. JDM will do well, and someone will get in his ear and deliver the contact will get more RBI than over-swinging K's and GIDP's.

Now on to the even more telling and pathetic nature of where were are. From the signing article on MLB.com.
"At the Trade Deadline, the Dodgers pushed hard to land J.D. Martinez from the Red Sox, but the asking price never lowered and a deal between the two teams never came to fruition. "

I don't know what Bloom was asking for, but for a guy that covets and terms middling Minor Leaguers as "collateral", we did not get a damned thing when a bidder(or bidders) came calling. And now we whiffed on at least two coveted power hitting righties and lose JDM for what we paid Kike. We lost him for true bridge year gap money. We didn't improve at deadline and we didn't build for the future. Horrible. I strongly suspect that he wanted out.

MongoLikeSox

I just added Justin Turner to the potential list as MLB said that the Red Sox were trying to get him. Three other teams in the hunt according to the writer who was quoting another writer - Heyman. How serious is it? Who knows. Can't trust a darned thing anyone says anymore.

longgame

Heyman has a tweet generator where he puts in the name of the player and the tweet comes out “Red are in heavy negotiations with <insert name here>,  He has lost all credibility as a reporter this offseason.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on December 18, 2022, 11:02:19 AM
Heyman has a tweet generator where he puts in the name of the player and the tweet comes out “Red are in heavy negotiations with <insert name here>,  He has lost all credibility as a reporter this offseason.
Good to know. Thanks for the intel. So many have sold out. I stopped the Athletic altogether last week.

MongoLikeSox

Does anyone know any of the other pitchers and players that the Sox were actively trying to get? Something beyond they call almost every player agent about a player they have moderate interest in. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on December 21, 2022, 07:32:48 AM
Does anyone know any of the other pitchers and players that the Sox were actively trying to get? Something beyond they call almost every player agent about a player they have moderate interest in.

As soon as money is mentioned the calls end after Bloomer Boy checks with the Prune Man and gets Nyet, Nein, No, and No Mas from the cheap bastard.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on December 21, 2022, 11:45:21 AM
Quote from: MongoLikeSox on December 21, 2022, 07:32:48 AM

As soon as money is mentioned the calls end after Bloomer Boy checks with the Prune Man and gets Nyet, Nein, No, and No Mas from the cheap bastard.

Jon Morosi wrote today that he expects Eovaldi to sign with Sox.  Although they seem to be the least attractive mgt group in baseball.  Nerds and azzholes.  It way we’ll be the QO that turns other teams away from Nate.

MongoLikeSox

I added Eovaldi and Hill to the All-Rejected and All-Departed us team. That team could actually now fill a line-up card without having to rely on stretching the criteria to include everyone the Sox inquired on. Just the ones we let go or the ones we were reported to be seriously in on.

What we don't know is the true depth of how much the Red Sox challenged or are challenging other teams in the trade market. The Blue Jays, Braves and Mariners made their contending teams stronger this off season by trading players that, quite frankly, we do not have equivalents for. Nothing either teams needed aside from some borderline AAA/MLB starting pitcher throw-ins. Even the relief pitcher throw-ins seemed strong. AA relievers with 15k per 9-inning and A+ with 20k's per 9-IP types.

If you want some salt in that and a wound from last year, go look at what the Brewers just got in return for their speedy CF prospect (Estuary Ruiz, who went to the A's) as part of the Murphy deal. An All Star breakthrough catcher with a few years of control left in addition to a steady, legitimate but not great reliever. Sheeeesh!!!! Interesting GM work they got there, eh?

longgame

Connor Seabold, came over with Pivetta from the Phillies, DFA'd to make roster space for Kluber.  Add him to the list.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on January 12, 2023, 12:31:47 PM
Connor Seabold, came over with Pivetta from the Phillies, DFA'd to make roster space for Kluber.  Add him to the list.
Done. Also added Darwinzon Hernandez. Both went on the depth squad. Also took Devers off the trade-bait list.

I added Elvis Andrus and Jerickson Profar to the portentials/pursuing list. According to MLB, this seems to be the two the Red Sox are chasing after. No mention of Igelias.

Does anyone know if we made a serious push for Mancini? Seems to me there was some conjecture, but no real substance. He's reportedly going to the Cubs.

elktonnick

Bloom is too busy dithering to make a serious offer to any player that any other team has serious interest in.  I have said this before Bloom is the proverbial jackass who starved to death because he had to choose between two bales of hay and could not decide which to pick.

Sea Dog 23

Why has Bloom gone into hibernating?  The best thing I can say as to his logic, he is waiting for Spring training in March to do any player additions.  At that point he can put Story,  Sale, Paxton, others on IL, thereby removing them from the 40 man and not have to DFA his own VALUED players from the team. Ort, Winkowski, Wong are probably untouchable as he has made it personal.

Bloom thereby saves face, but at the expense of a team needing multiple improvements.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on January 16, 2023, 02:08:10 PM
Why has Bloom gone into hibernating?  The best thing I can say as to his logic, he is waiting for Spring training in March to do any player additions.  At that point he can put Story,  Sale, Paxton, others on IL, thereby removing them from the 40 man and not have to DFA his own VALUED players from the team. Ort, Winkowski, Wong are probably untouchable as he has made it personal.

Bloom thereby saves face, but at the expense of a team needing multiple improvements.

The more I see Bloom's pathetic face or hear something he was quoted as saying I get another stomach ache and want to tear into that bum and pull his head off his body.  The guy is simply an incompetent buffoon and it reminds me of something I just read from Elk as he make a comment on that dodo who always tries to pass himself off as a competent exec full of energy.  I guess he gets that from his daily ration of homeopathic soup that he dishes up by boiling the shadow of a scare crow who has starved to death.  There is j ust nothing at all to this guy, a full fledged buffoon.