Main Menu

It's Finally Over!

Started by MongoLikeSox, October 06, 2022, 08:05:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on October 18, 2022, 08:18:50 AM
Quote from: SeaBeachFred on October 17, 2022, 12:13:33 PM
Quote from: longgame on October 12, 2022, 08:52:37 AM
Article about how everyone save Bloom and Henry seem adamant about signing Bogey.

https://bosoxinjection.com/2022/10/11/red-sox-legends-pedro-martinez-david-ortiz-warning-xander-bogaerts-negotiations/

There is some good news around our house the past day.  My wife Linda, a rabid Padres fan, was out of this universe when they sent the Dodgers back home with another big regular season record and a dud post season which seems to be a regular feature for them.  Linda wanted me to wear her Padres tee shirt for good luck but I refused since my luck with my team was off the charts into the ditch this season.  Still she insisted and I wore them four times and her team won all four games.  The only time I didn't wear the shirt was the first game of the NLDS and her team lost.  She was mad at me so I wore it and it worked.  She loves the Padres and I despise the Dodgers so it was a good move on my part.  Now when is Bloomer Boy going to start going after quality players, when is Henry going to stop being a total cheap bastard and put up the cash for those quality players and when will the team realize that that FRC should manage the Red Sox next season?

I expect you and Linda to wear Red Sox shirts all next season!  ;D

Hoping for Padres-Guardians!

Well Ted, the shirt didn't work tonight but what the heck.  The run of luck had to end and, besides, Zack Wheeler was unbeatable tonight and perhaps her Padres shirt she gave me has run out of luck.  Then I did wear Red Sox tee shirts all season ( I have about a dozen of them) and it didn't seem to bring our guys any luck whatsoever.  I have to admit when I saw Schwarber sent that pitch by Darvish to the Moon I started having some nasty thoughts about that jackass Baseball Ops Director we have.  Think we couldn't used the 77 home runs Schwarber and Renfroe hit for their teams this season instead of the three Bradley hit for us?

MongoLikeSox

Bazardo did not get claimed. Sox out-righted him to Worcester, but he chose free agency instead. Can't say as I blame him. Not sexy enough of an arm, I guess? We've kept far worse relievers for far longer amounts of time. He'll get an invite for spring training somewhere this Winter.

Playoff baseball is taking a big dump this year. 18 and 15 inning 1-0 games with a jillion strikeouts. Swing for the fences. Kind of liked watching the Padres rally yesterday. Last night was zzzzzz inspiring, except Verlander putting in a good start. 100+ pitches in 6IP, IIRC. Speaking of which, there is some length in the starting pitching we didn't see so much of last year. The Musgrove start against the Mets. There's the glimmer of hope, I guess.

For those who like tight situations, base runners actually scoring and all that, at least we still have the Padres in it? I was hoping Cleveland would rock the baseball world and make it to the WS with their group of ball-players. Not in the cards.