6. Tyler Nevin (R) 3B
7. Jorge Mateo (R) SS
8. Terrin Vavra (L) 2B
9. Robinson Chirinos (R) C

Gametime Temp: 64°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Sea Dog 23

longgame

Apparently with Fatmonte in CF again (this guy is not even competent for shagging fly balls), the Orioles have elected to go with a 5 man lineup tonight.

longgame

I double checked to see if Arroyo is on the IL but apparently he is not.  Not sure why he's not playing at all while we put Kike at 2B (I just hate that this is the one guy they decided to extend, a weak hitting average defensively infielder playing CF) and not sure why Refsnyder hasn't been playing CF every day. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 28, 2022, 03:16:24 PM
Apparently with Fatmonte in CF again (this guy is not even competent for shagging fly balls), the Orioles have elected to go with a 5 man lineup tonight.

On other blogs it has been pointed out that Cora loves Kiki and so does Bloom since he can play so many different positions.  That may be good but he has had one good season for us and none other in his career as backup.  For some reason Cora has never cared all that much for Arroyo and jerked him around severely last season in order to get another one of his pets Marwin the Miserable into the lineup until Bloom in one of his few good moves shipped him out of town where he is with another organization still flirting with the Mendoza Line.  As for Fatmonte, again, it is the old Swiss knife vs the cerated heavy duty power knife-----that is a bunch of mediocre players who can play numerous positions and one stud who could be a make or break player for us.  That works for Henry because by now everyone should suspect that his goal is to buy cheap and save big.

elktonnick

Fred, Apart from Devers, Bogaerts, Story and Verdugo, none of the Sox regulars could start for a contender.  The rest are all backups.  Casas may eventually pan out but I want to see him play more keep his swing short before I am convinced h e is not another Dalbecs

Sea Dog 23

Sox strike early. Verdugo singles home Raffy.  THEN JD calmly GIDP to put the damper on a bigger inning.  The Sox are deja vu all over again game after game.

longgame

Guys are making me look bad.  Casas gets picked off and Almonte hits a HR!

Sea Dog 23

With theAAA kids on parade, there’s word that OF Enmaniel Valdez could be the next man up. He is the trade piece we got from Houston for Vazquez. Would robanly replace Altamonte.

longgame

The Orioles run is pretty much toast but they've got some good young players.  Just watching out of habit at this point.

Sea Dog 23

Eovaldi has been activated and will pitch Thursday.  Easy call, Seabold is on the way down.

The #7 prospect, hard throwing Bryan Mata, will travel with the team to Toronto.  For him to be activated there, likely would need an injury related situation with the team.

markj

Quote from: longgame on September 29, 2022, 08:29:06 AM
The Orioles run is pretty much toast but they've got some good young players.  Just watching out of habit at this point.

Sort of sad, really. TOR and TB both lost, so the O's could have made it a 3-way race with a couple of wins. But that's baseball, I guess.

longgame

Quote from: markj on September 29, 2022, 10:34:36 AM
Quote from: longgame on September 29, 2022, 08:29:06 AM

Sort of sad, really. TOR and TB both lost, so the O's could have made it a 3-way race with a couple of wins. But that's baseball, I guess.

A lot of young players who didn't play much the last couple of years and now playing the longest season they've ever had caught up with them somewhat.  Plus I think the played a bit over their heads for a while.  Should be interesting to see how the Guardians do in the postseason because they're also very similar.