GAME #154 - TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 27, 2022 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 27, 2022, 08:43:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Another HBP run. Sox players are taking ones for the team. But it's hard to believe this is major league ball.

elktonnick

markj

markj

markj

Sea Dog 23

A pitching folly both sides.  It was 13-8 in the 5th inning.  The highlight reel for me was the play of Kike and Casas in the infield.  Good things for next year.

A heads up for the guys at Jet Blue Park.  the big storm Ian will make landfall today at Fort Myers.  Hope all you guys down south are safe.

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on September 27, 2022, 09:26:29 PM
Here I was dumping on Casas and he gets three hits.

I think he's got the goods.  He's the only guy they haven't brought up who looks like he belongs there and doesn't have that deer in the headlights look. The kid came to play ball.  Now it's just a question of how bad of a job the coaching staff does with him to ruin his good habits. 

longgame

Looks like Ft. Myers is going to get hit hard.  On the O's broadcast they said they've moved their people out of Sarasota, I imagine the Sox have done the same.

Seems like the Sox can only win when the other team implodes.  Baltimore probably lost their slim chance of making the postseason with that loss.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on September 28, 2022, 07:54:30 AM
Quote from: elktonnick on September 27, 2022, 09:26:29 PM
Here I was dumping on Casas and he gets three hits.

I think he's got the goods.  He's the only guy they haven't brought up who looks like he belongs there and doesn't have that deer in the headlights look. The kid came to play ball.  Now it's just a question of how bad of a job the coaching staff does with him to ruin his good habits.

Ted, whether you were trying to be flippant or sarcastic you are more right than you can imagine on this topic.  You know Elk was down on Casas and told me so but he's allowed a get out of jail card since he is right90% of the time.  He has been total on point with the  lousy teaching and coaching that goes on in the Red Sox Farm System  Players get signed and after a year or so stagnate to the point of becoming another in a long line of failures.  Casas has the goods; I have said so all along.   The key comes when Mayer and Yorke and a couple of other down where they are ready to make a move up the ladder.  We have a third baseman with prodigious power and another first baseman who has been  raking in the minors this season and should be made ready to move to the outfield so we don't have a clog on first base w ith horse dung candidates in the outfield.  Above all we have to get pitching instructors who know how to teach pitching as Elk has said to the point of exhaustion and right now we don't seem to have them.  Either they stink or the scouts who scout our future pi tchers and sign them don't know pitching from jack shit.