GAME #153 - MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 26, 2022 - BALTIMORE ORIOLES @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, September 26, 2022, 10:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 26, 2022, 06:44:53 PM
This game is over already. Where did they find this Almonte clown?

They dug the turd out of the dumpster somewhere.  Still he does carry the first name of my all time hero so I will cut him a little slack until the end of the week and then tear the bum apart.  It is Connor Shitbowl who makes me want to throw something at someone.  Two innings, five runs, five hits, two walks and another horsedung performance.  He and Crawford, and Winchowski, and Brasier are four pitchers who need to be released as soon as this rotten season is over.  But it doesn't stop there; there are many others who should be outside when the truck backs up to take the excess garbage out of Boston.

Sea Dog 23

9 games to go and Sox fans will no longer have to sit near this dumpster fire.  But after all the mess arising from a team with the 4th highest MLB payroll, MGT can no way sing kumbaya.  Good business sense says something needs a change.  If not Bloom or Cora as they say, at least fire the frikking bullpen coach.

elktonnick

The question isn't who to fire.  It is who to keep.  The answer is only the bat boy!

longgame

This Almonte kid can hit but has no other skills period.  It’s embarrassing to have a guy like that on the field, never mind as a starting center fielder.  Other than Casas I’d call the Sox minor leaguers a total bust and I’m giving him a lot of credit for how he looks as a ball player versus his numbers.

The real problem is there are no pitching solutions without spending some big bucks because there just aren’t many guys that have MLB talent.

elktonnick

Re Casas From what I have seen leads me to believe that he is a left handed Bobby Dalbec who plays better defense.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 27, 2022, 08:22:53 AM
Re Casas From what I have seen leads me to believe that he is a left handed Bobby Dalbec who plays better defense.

But Elk, he does seem to hit against the Yankees and right now we need all the positive reinforcement we can get to keep ourselves from going over the edge by the horse dung play of this train wreck of a team.

elktonnick

Fred I seen too many September call ups crap the bed the following year.  Except for his 4 Yankee hits 3 of which were home runs Casas has failed to impress me at all.  He has only 7 hits the whole month of September, 4 of which came against the Yankees.  He has struck out 16 times.  I do not like the strike out rate at all.  The fact that most of hits are home runs tells me he is swinging for the fences during every at bat.  He needs more work or he will be just another big strong kid like Franchy Cordero with batting practice power who can not hit a breaking ball and who strikes out twice as often as he hits. 
At least Casas can play defense but to me that just means he is a left handed Will Middlebrooks or Bobby Dalbec.

Sea Dog 23

Another milestone has passed, Michael Chavis got DFAd by the Pirates.  Another failed 1st round pick (2014), batted .242 with a 29% K rate.  Bloom, don’t even try it.  I’d like to se him bring Benintendi back, he batted over.300 thisyear.

But if we have a chance for Michael Brantley to fill an outfield spot, I'd love that deal.  Always liked his clutch hitting.  There arent too many good FA outfielders for 2023, behind Judge.