5. Giancarlo Stanton (R) DH
6. Oswaldo Cabrera (S) LF
7. Harrison Bader (R) CF
8. Isiah Kiner-Falefa (R) SS
9. Kyle Higashioka (R) C

Gametime Temp: 63°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

elktonnick

This goes to show you how far down the Sox have fallen..A Red Sox Yankees game and not a single post.  Henry and his boy blunder Bloom have sucked all the air out of fan interest.  Bloom had better get his act together or the only ones watching Red Sox baseball will be friends and relatives.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 24, 2022, 06:05:52 PM
This goes to show you how far down the Sox have fallen..A Red Sox Yankees game and not a single post.  Henry and his boy blunder Bloom have sucked all the air out of fan interest.  Bloom had better get his act together or the only ones watching Red Sox baseball will be friends and relatives.

But will the fans stay away.  Only a complete boycott of Red Sox games on both TV and at the ballpark can save our franchise which will not have five last place finishes in the past 11 seasons, a disgraceful record.  It seems though nothing can embarrass this team anymore.  They look like shit, play like shit, and go through the motions while the Baseball Ops Director sits with his finger up his ass and keeps his dumpster diving and the owner acts like the train wreck is happening somewhere else.  Back up the truck and haul away the trash and this time make sure Bloom and Cora are on it.

Sea Dog 23

The only thing I could extract from this game â€" good for Casas and his value next year.

22-year-old first baseman was mired in a 1-for-26 slump, but as it tends to happen for younger players, things have started to click quickly for Casas since arriving in the Bronx.

Boston’s 7-5 loss to the New York Yankees on Saturday was the latest example of that with Casas clearly more comfortable at the plate in just his 17th game in the big leagues. Casas paced the Red Sox offense by getting on base five times, including walking on three occasions and smacking a two-run home run in the top of the second inning.

“I was a little jelly-legged my first 40-somethings ABs,” Casas told reporters, as seen on NESN postgame coverage. “But today felt good getting on base that many times. I think it was career-high so far. It was definitely good. I came up in a couple big spots and was able to grind out some at-bats and get on base.”

elktonnick

Unless Bloom steps[ up his game and fills all the holes on the pitching staff and elsewhere how well Casas hits means diddly squat.  Regarding Casas one game outburst remember Bobby Dalbec and Will Middlebrooks had similar games.  Besides late Septmber performances by individual players on losing teams usually mean absolutely nothing as an indicator of future performance.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: elktonnick on September 25, 2022, 07:57:26 AM
Unless Bloom steps[ up his game and fills all the holes on the pitching staff and elsewhere how well Casas hits means diddly squat.  Regarding Casas one game outburst remember Bobby Dalbec and Will Middlebrooks had similar games.  Besides late Septmber performances by individual players on losing teams usually mean absolutely nothing as an indicator of future performance.

Really not a good weekend to be looking for positives, I guess.  lol.  Eleven games to go I thinki , would have to win 9 of those against the ALE to finish .500.

elktonnick

The only positive thing I can say about this team is that it is not the worst Red Sox team that I have seen, no thanks to bumbling Bloom.  He did his best to make it one of the worst though.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on September 25, 2022, 09:38:28 AM
The only positive thing I can say about this team is that it is not the worst Red Sox team that I have seen, no thanks to bumbling Bloom.  He did his best to make it one of the worst though.

I've also read that Bloomer Boy and that FRC will both be back next season so what can that tell us except that we could have more of the same while commodities czar keeps counting his money and ignores the shit show he helped create by this stinginess to spend on talent.

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 25, 2022, 04:13:28 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on September 25, 2022, 09:38:28 AM

I've also read that Bloomer Boy and that FRC will both be back next season so what can that tell us except that we could have more of the same while commodities czar keeps counting his money and ignores the shit show he helped create by this stinginess to spend on talent.

I’m surprised Cora and Bloom can coexist.  The players love Cora and hate Bloom and Cora sticks with the players.