6. Eric Hosmer (L) 1B
7. Christian Arroyo (R) 2B
8. Jarren Duran (L) CF
9. Reese McGuire (L) C

Yankees

Frankie Montas (R)

Gametime Temp: 68°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

We overcame blowing a three run lead in the sixth Thursday against the Orioles and came back to win 4-3 with some decent bullpen help for a change.  Last night, we came from behind 2-1 in the ninth inning, tied the game, then won it on a dramatic hit by Tommy Pham in the 10th-------against our biggest rivals, the New York Yankees.  If these two hard earned wins haven't given our team a much needed shot in the arm and some new found confidence, well I'm afraid there is no NO hope for this team but a last place finish.  The last time we played the Yankees in a three game se t, we won a tough opening game 5-4 only to get completely run over the next two games at Yankee Stadium.  If this team has any energy, starch and fight in them they will only show it by winning tonight or tomorrow and finally win a series of more than one game off a division rival this season.  Pure and simple that's the way it is.  This time I really think we can get the job done.

Sea Dog 23

Some bullpen shuffling.  Caleb Ort sent down, and they activated newcomer Jeurys Familia who was released by Philly last week.  With Whitlock going last night, Schreiber and Davis should be ready.  They say Whitlock needs two days rest after doing a multi-inning game.

markj

elktonnick

markj

elktonnick

Bogey blew it twice.  Once with that bone base running move and finally with that anemic bat.

SeaBeachFred

No Red Sox fan should shed a tear if Bogaerts decides to opt out of the remaining years of his contract.  Yes, he gets hits and scores runs and analytic dweeps rave about those OBP, etc, etc, but he is one guy I do not and have never wanted to see up at the plate with a game on the line because like it or not HE IS A SUPREME CHOKER.  He does not hit late in the game in clutch situation, is a dumb baseball runner, an average fielder and absolutely no leader at all.  It  tonight hasn't convinced everyone here that he is what I say he is, you are free to join the pink hats who think he is the greatest things to grace Fenway Park since David Ortiz.  Take it from me though.  HE IS NOT THAT AT ALL.  You once again saw all you needed to see in today's game.

MongoLikeSox

That was disappointing. That was a great move by Chapman. Was it a double steal, or did Bogey just take off on his own with the guy on first base just advancing? It looked very quick to me, but it has to.

I need to find the stats, but it seems to me our relievers have had some difficult times with that extra inning thing.

I could not resist turning it on last night. I'm very happy to say it was not as badly an obvious Yankees broadcast as I feared. The price we had to pay was Tom Verducci. I won't be doing the same tonight, with the ESPN broadcast.