Quote from: markj on August 11, 2022, 08:53:50 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Josh Winckowski (R)

Orioles

Dean Kremer (R)

Gametime Temp: 75°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Maybe it will suddenly rain and we'll be spared another long night of misery.  Then again markj, it seems like the gods of fate are totally aligned with our destruction.  Well hell, do you think if I predict a win  tonight something may change.  OK, at the risk of looking like a complete moron, I will predict the Red Sox will win one for us tonight.

markj

If Winchy is on and the BP doesn't sabotage things, we might squeak a win here.

Sea Dog 23

I guess the Fenway faithful must by loyal beyond embarrassment  this year.  Averaging 32000 which is 10th in baseball.  The team I follow in the NL, the Cardinals are avg'ing 38000 and second to LAD at the top.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 11, 2022, 01:21:51 PM
I guess the Fenway faithful must by loyal beyond embarrassment  this year.  Averaging 32000 which is 10th in baseball.  The team I follow in the NL, the Cardinals are avg'ing 38000 and second to LAD at the top.

There were a lot of Atlanta fans the last two nights too.  It will be interesting to see who shows up for a game with Baltimore. 

Fred, the only way we avoid the misery is a complete game shutout and even then they'd probably lose it in extra innings or something. 

Is anyone else tired of seeing the return of the 2020 JD Martinez?  He looks completely lost, more than that, he looks like he doesn't even care. 

markj

longgame

This is a huge game for the Sox.  If they win they technically will win a “series” against Baltimore.

Sea Dog 23

Can’t believe my eyes that Sox got out of the 1st with a lead.  Praise the baseball gods.

MongoLikeSox

Yay! We win one! Two inning save and almost lost it with a hanger just to fit in with his mates, but it was pulled foul Phew!   thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

Good for Hosmer.  Hit the ball deep enough to score JD from 1st base.  With JD plodding around the bases, that had to be a dam deep ball.

longgame

The Sox win a "series" against the AL East!  Nothing but good times from here on in!  :) ;) :o

MongoLikeSox

We've been talking about it all season, but what is it with this team and hangers this year? Is this one of those years where every one of them gets hit or are we throwing tons of them?