Quote from: markj on August 10, 2022, 08:33:14 AM
7:10PM Eastern

Red Sox

Nick Pivetta (R)

Braves

Kyle Wright (R)

Gametime Temp: 69°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

Can anyone out there spell the word DEFEAT???????  Sorry but that is what's coming tonight, especially after Pivetta once again gets tagged for two or three runs in the first inning.  And Prune Face, stop counting your money on your yacht, you rotten cheap son of a bitch.

MongoLikeSox

(cheap shot deleted out of a feeble attempt at classiness?)

McGuire has impressed in his short time. Not win a championship impress, but still impressed.

I'm trying.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 10, 2022, 02:46:14 PM
Maybe McGuire will show us something tonight?  :o

Seriously, though, he has impressed in his short time. Not win a championship impress, but still impressed.

I'm trying.

Lol, another positive, Pham is an upgrade over whoever else was playing out there.  Hosmer is a professional 1B and can hit over his weight.  Trading Vazquez was interesting though as one of the longest tenured players on the team and your starting catcher means he's a key guy in the clubhouse, which McGuire can't replace. 

MongoLikeSox

Hopefully Hosmer didn't break his knee cap or something. That looked awful.

Hosmer reminds me of cross between Mitch Moreland and Will Clark. I've always liked him. He's playing the game he's being forced to play due to the analytics world of OPS and WAR. You give me a team full of Hosmer, Benetendi and Verdugo types with a few legit stars leading the way and you've got a club to be reckoned with. I mean, real Ball player types.

And to your point on Pham, he's always been a decent, professional batter. Verdugo was struggling the past few weeks out in LF. He looks much more at home in RF the last couple of games. We needed Pham two months ago or this past Winter. My only real gripe is his what I can only guess is a bad rap kind of guy that bounces from club house to club house like that guy we got to replace Nomar.

Sea Dog 23

For Mongo, Tyler Danish is expected to pitch for the SeaDogs in AA tonight.  Kike' is also rehabbing for the SeaDogs tonight.

markj

Cora just had to trot Hernandez out there again so he could give up a couple of runs. Pham keeps it close, but the BP isn't done yet, I think.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on August 10, 2022, 06:24:36 PM
For Mongo, Tyler Danish is expected to pitch for the SeaDogs in AA tonight.  Kike' is also rehabbing for the SeaDogs tonight.
Awesome! Man, no news for a month and then rehab. I'm glad to see it happened. Just checked. Scoreless inning with one walk.

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on August 10, 2022, 08:25:10 PM
Cora just had to trot Hernandez out there again so he could give up a couple of runs. Pham keeps it close, but the BP isn't done yet, I think.
This is ugly, tonight.

markj

Plate discipline is just gone. Minter K's the side on pitches mostly well out of the strike zone.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: markj on August 10, 2022, 09:01:35 PM
Plate discipline is just gone. Minter K's the side on pitches mostly well out of the strike zone.
It's not getting better anytime soon. Worcester, Portland and Greenville are 3rd, 2nd and 3rd in Striking Out in their respective leagues. They're doing that while ranking in the middle down to the lower 3rd in most of the positive categories. Only Salem is different in that they're top 3rd in everything BUT striking out, where they are 9th lowest out of 12 teams.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: markj on August 10, 2022, 09:26:40 PM
Sox pitching has given up 35 runs in the last 4 games. Geez.

Pivetta was money early on. But of late he is 0-4 , 7.10 era in his last 4 starts.  Better news, Wacha could start next week, Paxson in 3 weeks (??), maybe.

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on August 11, 2022, 06:05:28 AM
Quote from: markj on August 10, 2022, 09:01:35 PM
It's not getting better anytime soon. Worcester, Portland and Greenville are 3rd, 2nd and 3rd in Striking Out in their respective leagues. They're doing that while ranking in the middle down to the lower 3rd in most of the positive categories. Only Salem is different in that they're top 3rd in everything BUT striking out, where they are 9th lowest out of 12 teams.

Nick Yorke at Greenville through August 5,

was batting .163, 4 walks, 14 Ks.  In the last week,

batting .388/.421/.777/1.198.  1 walk, 3 strikeouts

longgame

Pivetta has been much like the team - very good and horribly bad for stretches. 

When I saw Darwinzon come in I knew it was over.  I guess we're going to keep running him out there.  I think he gave up 2 runs in an inning which would actually lower his ERA.  I saw his WHIP when coming in was 3.5 or something crazy like that.  Yet another pitching disaster.