GAME #30 - TUESDAY, MAY 10, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ ATLANTA BRAVES

Started by markj, May 09, 2022, 10:47:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

Out of it. Hopefully Cora calls it a night for Whitlock.

elktonnick

Of course Robles does what he always does and walks the leadoff man.

markj

markj

Our old pal Tyler Thornburg is walking in runs. Thank you. We'll take as many as we can get.

elktonnick

Cora shaves beard and Sox win.  We won't  see him wearing a beard again:)

Sea Dog 23

I dont know if Fatse, the hitting coach, or Cora who put out the word, but it seemed to me Sox were good slap hitters tonight.  Lots of them, put the ball in play singles.  Only Devers seemed to be working on a launch angle.

addition by subtraction  --- Cora won the game when he didnt let Barnes in the game.

markj

Now we get to see if they can win two in a row and maybe take a series.

MongoLikeSox

I thought he was gonna blow the game up with Robles in the 7th. We escaped that one somehow.

We didn't see Whitlock at his best, but I'm more impressed with him now than ever. There's a lot of fight in that kid.

Looks like Schreiber is our new best friend.

I agree with the hitting approaches observation for the most part. Some of them have done better this year with zilch to show for it.

Is it just me, or wouldn't Bogey make for one hell of a lead off hitter? (Sorry, I think I have to repeat that one once a month.)

And finally, Dalbec did not look scared last night. He's a much better player than we've seen for the past 10 days or so. Franchy's been better than I expected, too. Hopefully they can buy us another month.

longgame

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 11, 2022, 06:38:50 AM
I dont know if Fatse, the hitting coach, or Cora who put out the word, but it seemed to me Sox were good slap hitters tonight.  Lots of them, put the ball in play singles.  Only Devers seemed to be working on a launch angle.

addition by subtraction  --- Cora won the game when he didnt let Barnes in the game.

They also took a lot of walks.  Franchy had three and JBJ two.  Plus the bottom of the lineup managed to get on base ahead of the 2-3-4 guys.  The other thing that helped immensely was the 3B coming home when he could have possibly turned an inning ending DP before Raffy's at bat.  Sox got lucky, but they need luck to win at this point.  Good new sis even Story had a couple of hits and hit the ball hard and JBJ made a nice run saving play in RF and held a couple of guys with his arm.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 10, 2022, 10:11:06 PM
Cora shaves beard and Sox win.  We won't  see him wearing a beard again:)

He looked like shit warmed over with that stupid beard he sported but it pretty much blended in with his equally shitty moves that always seemed to blow up in his face.  Maybe a clean face will help.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 10, 2022, 09:54:47 PM
Our old pal Tyler Thornburg is walking in runs. Thank you. We'll take as many as we can get.

Thornburg///  That no account brings back some miserable memories.  From what I remember it was one miserable outing after another before he disappeared.  Fortunately he re-appeared in a different uniform on a good night for us.  But can we win a series?  It is only a two gamer but it would be nice to be able to win two games in a row and a series, something that has been foreign to this bunch of under-achievers all season.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 11, 2022, 08:25:35 AM
I thought he was gonna blow the game up with Robles in the 7th. We escaped that one somehow.

We didn't see Whitlock at his best, but I'm more impressed with him now than ever. There's a lot of fight in that kid.

Looks like Schreiber is our new best friend.

I agree with the hitting approaches observation for the most part. Some of them have done better this year with zilch to show for it.

Is it just me, or wouldn't Bogey make for one hell of a lead off hitter? (Sorry, I think I have to repeat that one once a month.)

And finally, Dalbec did not look scared last night. He's a much better player than we've seen for the past 10 days or so. Franchy's been better than I expected, too. Hopefully they can buy us another month.

Bogaerts to me has always had trouble being a consistent RBI man and he always seems to hit better with no men on bases.....as last night proved once again.  Put him at leadoff because whether the team wants to admit it or not the guy has trouble driving in runs, a terrible RBI man late in a game.