6. Jake Burger (R) 3B
7. Reese McGuire (L) C
8. Josh Harrison (R) 2B
9. Danny Mendick (R) SS

Dallas Keuchel (L)

Gametime Temp: 50°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

What idiot thought this was a good time to start a baseball game? I'm sure the 44F temps will be great for the Sox offense (or lack thereof).

Sea Dog 23

Mark, I think the idiots are at NBC, who are producing this thing for their new child, the Peacock.  NBC is not baseball people obviously.

longgame

I’m going hiking so I don’t have to stress over the game!

longgame

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on May 08, 2022, 09:58:23 AM
Wacha a late scratch, Houck to start.

They say Wacha has "intercostal" issues, (muscles in the rib area.)

markj

longgame

We're making progress, Dalbec actually stuck out swinging to start the strike 'em out, throw 'em out inning ending, double play.

I can't remember a single player being more detrimental to the team than Dalbec.  What kills me is that Franchy has played all of 6 games at 1B and looks more comfortable there than Dalbec.  Please put this kid out of our misery.

markj

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 08, 2022, 11:32:39 AM
Game over. Houck out already. Sox down 3-0.

You heard the man!!!!!  Find something better to do with your Mother's Day-----have a nice outing with your wife, go see your Mom, maybe watch some golf on TV, perhaps go to a nice restaurant and enjoy a nice Sunday meal.............but listen to what markj just wrote......THIS GAME IS OVER.....WE ARE NOT GOING TO SCORE THREE RUNS AND IF WE DID AND EVEN WENT AHEAD THE BULLPEN WOULD GIVE IT UP IN ANOTHER BLOWN SAVE THAT WOULD BE WHAT.....OUR NINTH THIS SEASON.  Enjoy your day my friends and try not to let what is happening to our beloved team ruin it for you, but you might think of going to a variety store and pick up the ugliest doll you can find, bring it home and stick pins into it and make believe it is Prune Face, Bloomer Boy or that FRC that the doll represents.

elktonnick

Another one run lose.  Perhaps someone in this brain dead front office and management will finally recognize that Dalbec is incapable of fixing what ails him in the big leagues.

markj

MongoLikeSox

Scuffling and pressing big time. I feel bad for them. No fun.

The broadcast team was talking about the big Sale trade and how Moncada was developing well. To me, Moncada was the lucky one. He didn't have to play for Cora while trying to learn how to be a big leaguer.

markj

O's won today. Sox are in sole possession of the basement. Well done, lads.

longgame

Got in the car and something happened to the ump, I think he took a pitch to the head or something.  The Sox announcers said "well this will be some time".  I'm wondering how many other people signed off right at that point too!  Glad I didn't hear the rest, was blissfully enjoying the woods for a short hike.

The bottom line here is the Sox need some changes and they need them now.  There's also very little they can do now that won't cost them a lot.  I think our hope for this season has to be that Bloom doesn't further destroy the team by making desperate move.  But someone has to ask the question how a team that makes the post season one year once again heads into the toilet the next. There's something fundamentally wrong here.