GAME #28 - SATURDAY, MAY 7, 2022 - CHICAGO WHITE SOX @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 07, 2022, 08:17:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

markj

WTF, Dalbec? Game on the line and stand there and watch strike 3 go by?

markj

Unreal. Men on 2B and 3B and one out and they can't get the run in. Just pathetic. Anything in the air in the outfield by Dalbec would have won the game.

longgame

Dalbec has to be sent down.  Story is just another albatross around Bloom’s neck.  I’m guessing they lose now as you know Chicago will manage to produce a run with a man on base. 

markj

Barnes, of course. Let's put this game out of reach and go home.

elktonnick

Dalbec looked like a deer in the headlights.  He is lost at the plate
  Storey the swings at a borderline first pitch for an infield pop up.  Pathetic . 

markj

longgame

Gasoline Barnes doing his thing.  He told Robles "Hold my beer".

Between mismanagement and just bad play this is a disaster.  Two runs in now.

longgame

I'm wondering how bad they have to be for Bloom to get canned.  What a disaster of a team.

markj

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on May 07, 2022, 06:42:33 PM
I'm wondering how bad they have to be for Bloom to get canned.  What a disaster of a team.
I have been watching this team a long time and this is the worst team I have seen since the early 60s

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on May 07, 2022, 06:29:06 PM
Venable is stupid.  As we all know insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expect a different result.  Robles was wild against the Angels.  So our brain dead bench coach burns two relievers who did not walk a man to bring in Robles who walks the leadoff batter.  Insanity!

I guess you can't fire the bearded one since he has a longer contract but  Venable the Vegetable needs to be canned right now.  What a dumb bastard he is.  Look, three days ago on this board I SAID OUT LOUD THAT HANSEL ROBLES MUST NEVER PITCH NINTH INNING EVER WITH ONLY A ONE RUN LEAD. Well we saw what happened today and what does this tell us about that bearded moron who hired him as his bench coach.  Then to make matters worse he brings in the Meatball in the 10 th.  Did anyone out there think this was going to  turn out well.   Look, I know we aren't hitting worth shit but we did have a lead in previous games that the bullpen gave away.  We can't hit, we can't score, we can't get out of the ninth inning with a run and I wonder if either Cora is just a stuborn stupid shit or whether he is giving Bloomer Boy a good middle finger.  We all know by now that this is going to be a miserable season and there won't be a turnaround of any kind until Venable is gone, Robles is gone, Meatball is gone and yes, that rotten filthy cheater and his Bloomer partner is gone too.  We are finish dead last this year, our fifth time since 2012.  There is no damn excuse for that but incompetence has fastened itself on his organization like a killer virus and we have to kill that virus.  Heads have to roll.

MongoLikeSox

I'm in that catatonic baseball state.

Roenicke was just a librarian out there. Know what AC was not calling the shots from the club house.

Dalbec is toast. He needs a new team and to be left the hell alone. He was so close. Improved D, far less Ks. He's just as wound up as Chavis was when they screwed him over last season. He's 27 now. He knows he has to swing at close 3rd strikes. Anyone here really think he's of clear mind right now?

Notice the "stay the course" mantra isn't being used these days?

MongoLikeSox

So, I know stats over small sample sizes can be misleading. That does not make them any less fun, though.

The Red sox have scored 21 runs since first pitch of Franchy's return. That's 21 runs in 301 plate appearances. Included in that number are the 5 runs either scored by or driven in by our trio of cup of coffee AAA boys in just 35 plate appearances. (Franchy, Duran and Davis) In other words, they had a hand in 23.8% of the runs scored over that week long stretch in only 11.6% of the plate appearances. The only thing that suggests is the fresh blood called up doesn't feel the same 2-3 weeks of slumps like the team they just joined.

I'm not suggesting that those numbers could continue. Baseball is so good for plucking out odd stats. Just for fun, right?

That said, I would do almost nothing until we shore up that bullpen. We still should be no worse than 14-14 just on the virtue of a few of those last 1-2 innings of blown saves.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 08, 2022, 10:21:28 AM
So, I know stats over small sample sizes can be misleading. That does not make them any less fun, though.

The Red sox have scored 21 runs since first pitch of Franchy's return. That's 21 runs in 301 plate appearances. Included in that number are the 5 runs either scored by or driven in by our trio of cup of coffee AAA boys in just 35 plate appearances. (Franchy, Duran and Davis) In other words, they had a hand in 23.8% of the runs scored over that week long stretch in only 11.6% of the plate appearances. The only thing that suggests is the fresh blood called up doesn't feel the same 2-3 weeks of slumps like the team they just joined.

I'm not suggesting that those numbers could continue. Baseball is so good for plucking out odd stats. Just for fun, right?

That said, I would do almost nothing until we shore up that bullpen. We still should be no worse than 14-14 just on the virtue of a few of those last 1-2 innings of blown saves.

I think we're past "shoring up" the bullpen.  I'm thinking razing it and rebuilding may be the only answer.  But seriously, what's our hope?  That Barnes gets "good" again?  Without someone catching fire, there's not a lot they can do.  This season is pretty much lost because there are too many gaps and they won't fill the easy ones, never mind losing prospects for bullpen help. 

SeaBeachFred

Close the shop, lock the door, draw in the curtains and move the people into the cellar.  That pretty well sums up what this season has become, and the fact that it has happened so quickly and so early in the campaign tells us just how incompetent the leadership has been and how derelict in their duties to right the ship this train wreck has become that if heads don't roll after this season, if not before, the rot will be bore deep into the foundation.  Cora should have never been rehired.......I have said that over and over since he was put back in charge before the 2021 season.  He is rotten filthy cheater who presence alone has stigmatized the whole organization and Bloom has p roven in a short time to be a total wastrel as a baseball ops chief.  The owner doesn't seem to give a damn anymore, that is even if he knew what to do about this disaster but doesn't.  There is no light at the end of the tunnel unless the team leadership understands that things are NOT going to get better until changes are made and the composition of this team is radically altered.  No, I do NOT think I have all the answers, and may not have even a majority of them, but anyone out there who disagrees what I have just written is living in a very foggy and out of space dream world.