5. Yasmani Grandal (S) DH
6. Gavin Sheets (L) LF
7. Jake Burger (R) 3B
8. Reese McGuire (L) C
9. Leury Garcia (S) 2B

Gametime Temp: 55°F
Chance of Precip: 10%

Sea Dog 23

On MLBTR report and the Globe, Duran will be on the roster tonight against Chisox.  Kike' to the watch list for covid symptoms, tho he has yet to test  positive for covid in the last month or so.

longgame

Tonight's game is not on NESN, it is on Apple TV.  Saw this article on how to watch AppleTV.  I wonder how many people will make that extra effort to watch this game?  Especially with the Bruins on at the same time and people may want to keep tabs on both teams. (Go Canes!)

https://appleinsider.com/articles/22/04/11/how-to-watch-mlb-friday-night-baseball-on-apple-tv

markj

I live in the White Sox home broadcast area. I wonder if it will still be on Apple Tv or on the usual local broadcast station.

Hmm, not listed on the local station. iono Hard to believe MLB is going to yank the game away from local stations for Apple when they don't even do it for their own network.

markj

QuoteAs it is produced by MLB Network, the broadcast has access to a roster of commentators, hosts, and analysts. This includes Stephen Nelson, Hunter Pence, Katie Nolan, and Heidi Watney, among others.

I remember Heidi from her NESN days.

Schloicka

Robert HR. 3-0 White Sox.

Sea Dog 23

I feel sorry for Nathan.  The pressure of needing to pitch near perfect.  Boston just can’t score runs to put pressure on the other pitcher.  Same old same old.

longgame

I wish the Sox were trying as hard as these announcers! 

3-0 lead feels like 10-0 with this team.  Eovaldi still battling but then we’re going to have the bullpen come in.  Hide the women and children!

markj

Way too many interviews with this group. As always, my TV is on mute. But still...

markj

Dalbec is lucky that as bad as he is, there is currently no better option for 1B with the Sox.

markj

longgame

I just don’t get how they can trot out Dalbec every night when he can’t hit or field.  At least JBJ can field the position and has been hitting okay. 

Now it seems like AppleTV is glitching.   We get to do this with Peacock on Sunday apparently.

markj

Oriole's game got postponed, so they can't lose tonight. So I think if the Sox lose this one, which is looking likely, they'll have sole possession of the basement.

longgame

Duran really showed his speed on that misplayed ball he got credited with a triple for.  At least they got him in, but would be nice if once in a while one of the big bats got a HR with men on base.  This is just such an impotent team.