6. Max Stassi (R) C
7. Jack Mayfield (R) LF
8. Brandon Marsh (L) CF
9. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 60°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

longgame

Day game, the Sox will mail this in and should be done early.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on May 05, 2022, 08:33:40 AM
Early game time.

What does that mean markj?  Does it mean we can go out there and just crap out early and get our misery out of the way quickly or does it mean ending it early only means we will have to suffer longer during the rest of the day.  By now all of us know THIS TEAM DOES NOT WIN A SERIES ANYMORE, CANNOT WIN TWO IN A ROW, AND CAN'T HIT WHEN IT COUNTS.  Plus we have a rotten filthy cheater for a manager with that putrid beard of his who still thinks of himself as a genius, plans the games around his shitty bullpen rather than his starting pitchers, and can't understand why his misdirected team is only great at blowing late inning leads with the likes of the meat ball, sayonara, and the rest of that pack of chokers from the bullpen.

MongoLikeSox

I can't believe he gave Franchy his Fenway RF debut on a sun-day..... and then he makes a good play. Even JBJ lost one.

markj

longgame

No scoring and late runs given up by the bullpen - the Sox formula for 2022 as designed by Chaim Bloom.

markj

Angels have a whopping 2 hits. But they made them count. Sox have 6 hits and nothing to show for it.  sigh

And Ohtani is through 7 innings. I thought pitchers were limited to 5-2/3 innings?  iono

markj

Houck is getting slammed around. Two runs in already and bases loaded. Still no outs. Game over.

elktonnick

I know its only May but if this trend continues of bullpen meltdown, will Bloom survive the year?

markj

longgame

In today's edition of "As My Stomach Turns", the Sox forego suspense, mail in the offensive performance and don't wait until the end of the game to have their bullpen fall apart.

It's getting laughable.

In any normal world Bloom would be run out of town soon, but Henry-ville is not in the normal world.

markj

If this continues through the season, the Sox will have 100 losses.

Sea Dog 23

Thankful for Tigers and Royals, otherwise we'd be the worst in the AL.  But we're only 2 games ahead of those clubs thus far.

longgame

Quote from: markj on May 05, 2022, 03:34:24 PM
If this continues through the season, the Sox will have 100 losses.

Well at least they have an achievable goal they can shoot for.  They'll probably trade Bogey at the  deadline.  Four times the best hitter at his position is too much for the Sox, ruins the master plan of being cheap losers.