5. Jared Walsh (L) 1B
6. Jose Rojas (L) LF
7. Max Stassi (R) C
8. Tyler Wade (L) 2B
9. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 51°F
Chance of Precip: 47%

longgame

Let's see if they can carry some energy over from yesterday....

longgame

JBJ and Franchy are hot, so let's sit them tonight.  I don't have a problem with Arroyo but he needs to pick it up.  It just pains me to see Dalbec out there as he contributes pretty much nothing.  I know it's a righty/lefty thing, but given how long a pitcher lasts these days, is that even a real consideration?

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 04, 2022, 02:04:28 PM
JBJ and Franchy are hot, so let's sit them tonight.  I don't have a problem with Arroyo but he needs to pick it up.  It just pains me to see Dalbec out there as he contributes pretty much nothing.  I know it's a righty/lefty thing, but given how long a pitcher lasts these days, is that even a real consideration?

A bigger problem Ted from my vantage point is that we have won the first game of a series a nu mber of times already only to lose the next two or three.  Let's see if the team can win two in a row, a gargantuan task from the looks of previous attempts so far this season.

longgame

Agree Fred.  Some consistency would be nice. 

How about that kid at SS for the Angels?  He's their JBJ, can't hit but can really flash the leather.

longgame

Whitlock looking sharp but the Sox getting two hits to lead off an inning and then go DP, ground out, is pretty much what we’ve come to expect from the bottom of the lineup. 

markj

markj

markj

Halos tied it up, but Xander puts the Sox back on top with a solo dinger. Robles in to close the 9th. Fingers crossed.

markj

Back to back walks. Just what you want from a closer. Can Diekman get this single out without blowing the game?

markj

longgame

This was a real enjoyable game until the ninth. They can’t help themselves.  Of course you could make a case they could have score more and not been in this position.

MongoLikeSox

longgame

How about from now on if Vazquez runs he has to miss a meal or two.  Too bad it was ball 4.  Let’s see if they can manage to win a home game with the ghost runner.

MongoLikeSox

So, sometimes the buttons just don't work. Not a single damned button pressed worked tonight.