6. Jack Mayfield (R) LF
7. Max Stassi (R) C
8. David Fletcher (R) 2B
9. Andrew Velazquez (S) SS

Gametime Temp: 50°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Sea Dog 23

I think I read that Ohtani would not be pitching this series, but is available to bat.  Minor injury.

longgame

Seems like everyone needs a day off now and then except JBJ.  Please dump this guy.

I'm expecting more of the same - Bogey, Devers and JDM dreaming of a future away from Boston so building up numbers.  Maybe Verdugo or Hernandez will get a hit.  Franchy could be good for a sac fly if we're lucky.

Think they'll score more than 2?

Sea Dog 23

Quote from: longgame on May 03, 2022, 02:29:11 PM
Seems like everyone needs a day off now and then except JBJ.  Please dump this guy.

I'm expecting more of the same - Bogey, Devers and JDM dreaming of a future away from Boston so building up numbers.  Maybe Verdugo or Hernandez will get a hit.  Franchy could be good for a sac fly if we're lucky.

You guessed it.. Thor gave up  zero runs in his first start. 
Gave up two runs in each of his last two games.  0.82 WHIP

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 03, 2022, 02:29:11 PM

I saw the lineup......Bradley is in it........WE LOSE AGAIN TONIGHT!!!!!!!!!  The only was the team will dump BrqadSHITley is if the fans erupt and boo  that bum with loud angry boos, the press suddenly get some balls and bashes Henry for his parsimonious ways and favoritism of that miserable non-hitter, and we keep losing and the guy keeps making outs.  But the press must not backdown because Prune Face owns the Globe.  Shaunessy must show some balls and denounce Bradley as worthless to the team even if he has to challenge Henry face to face.  Believe me if the Prune tries to retaliate all of the New England Press Corps will be down his throat.  Understand this my friends out there, this team will not go anywhere until we get a good hitter in RF and that means JBJ has to go.  Otherwise our season will over by the first of June.   Good God, just get rid of this guy.  He absolutely sucks from top to bottom.  He's a penguin in the garden, a skunk in the garage, a possum in the bushes and a rat in the trash can.

Sea Dog 23

Shazam.  Walking batters ahead of Mike Trout is career ending.

Sea Dog 23

Sox have something going in the 4th. A Devers solo shot, then a run on  FC.  2-0 still batting.

longgame

So JBJ comes alive and nobody can knock him in. He’s now locked in the lineup for another month as they’ll think “oh now he’s going to hit”. 

But WTF with pulling Wacha now?  There is nobody in that pen that can do better than he’s doing.  Especially Diekeman.

markj

markj

markj

Who are these guys in the Red Sox uniforms? Certainly not the team we've seen lately.

Sea Dog 23

A schedule note, we don't play anybody in the ALEast for 60 days.  We can make up some ground if the MFNYY come down to earth.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: longgame on May 03, 2022, 07:41:27 PM
So JBJ comes alive and nobody can knock him in. He’s now locked in the lineup for another month as they’ll think “oh now he’s going to hit”. 

But WTF with pulling Wacha now?  There is nobody in that pen that can do better than he’s doing.  Especially Diekeman.

Well Ted, I stepped in it when I said that Bradley being in the lineup spelled curtains for us tonight but he came through with two solid hits and I give him credit for that.  As far as  the future goes  this may be a one or two shot deal and he will most likely revert back to his usual woeful self but tonight he gets kudos from me.  I said he wouldn't do it and he did.  But Cora better take note; if they take the "oh now he's going to hit"  then the RFC and his coaching staff are dumber than dumb.  Hey, though, look who pi tched relief for us and made it through without coughing up another Deikman, Brasier and Sawamura, our arson squad.  Is this our victory for the week or are we finally going to get off the mat and start playing good baseball?

MongoLikeSox

Maybe the secret is some good pre-game bashing. Bradley had him a couple doubles and Franchy had a couple hits. The offensive explosion was 4 runs. Thankfully it was enough.  thumb_u

Stop the presses. Sawamura pitched a full inning and the game was still under 2-1/2 hours? Whoa!!!!

Speaking of Sawamura, I wonder how he felt after striking out his fellow countryman? A little bragging rights back him for him. Especially to end the game.

I wonder if the pitching strategies will change a bit after the extra pitcher thing goes away at the end of the month?

Franchy is an adventure anywhere, anytime. I hate that missed the good play. That pick attempt at Devers' throw later was priceless. He looked like a punt-returner trying to field a punt on a short-hop.