GAME #23 - SUNDAY, MAY 1, 2022 - BOSTON RED SOX @ BALTIMORE ORIOLES

Started by markj, May 01, 2022, 09:23:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sea Dog 23

JBJ, Franchy, there's a method to Blooms madness.  Sure those two are the prizes in the Renfroe and Beni trades. 

But the real prizes for Bloom in those idiotic(?) trades were Blooms real prizes.  The three teenage pitchers (and a Mets prospect) for Beni and AA players Hamilton and Binelas for Renfroe.  The madness, how many years will any of those pieces be MLB ready?  Maybe only one or two.  I'll be really old by then.  Ha!

longgame

So another 7 or 8 years and we can have a team with a payroll of $10MM and Henry and Bloom will finally be happy!

longgame

Best day of the season so far - the Sox don't play and therefore can't blow a game.

Last night I watched a bit of the Mets-Phillies game.  It was nice to watch a real baseball game where there is some actual hitting and scoring involved. This baseball can be exciting at times!  :D

MongoLikeSox

Remember, Bloom was not the GM down there, nor was he the brains. He was a 3rd level exec reporting to someone who reported to Erik Neander. I've forgotten the exact role. We bypassed 2-3 internal candidates because Henry wanted Tampa North.

This team is simply pressing and scuffling big time right now because Bloom wanted value. It's as simple as that. This is a bullpen baseball world. Let's sign dumpster fodder. Leftovers. Imagine the BP we could have gotten with that Trevor Story money?

And Houck? Yeah, but I'm still mad at him for his part in this slide. It's dominoes. It cost us our only legit bullpen weapon for a week.

JBJ was part of the price we paid for the prospects. Our Devers replacement is tearing it up.
Our XB replacement is playing 2b. If we signed a bullpen instead ...

Look, Dalbec was given up on after 3 weeks this season while showing obvious improvement in several areas. This is his putting it all together period. Instead he is the fall boy of a scuffling team. He was simply pressing with the rest of them. If we're going to not develop players because of current competition, then we cannot manage the roster like we're in development mode. By that definition ..... no, wait. I got nothing. Do him a favor and trade him to someone that can finish the job.

Need more proof? Look at how bunged up Duran was after a few days with the big club last year. He forgot how to use his speed. They killed Darwinzon, screwed with Houck without conscience and how have ceilings blocking the paths of their best players in the system. Which is a good thing, because when they get here, they will be next year's cast-offs.

And the one we have the balls to add back to the 40-man roster is the specimen of a man who can't field and is the streakiest hitter in the system (worst than Kike) with a net result nets him an OK AAA OPS. Those dipshi* reports and broadcasters drool over that one basic line in the stat sheet. Dig a little bit..... dig..... dig...... poof! 26 strikeouts in 73 ABs. Yup, he's ready. Not even gonna talk about bad fielding.

OK, Mr Build-for -the-future-man. If we care about our future so much, why do we cram Dalbec onto the bench and play Bradley? (it's been asked already here). But now we get this. For his crimes of being a ball-player for Alex Cora, he'll get to make his Red Sox RF debut in Boston or wait until the next road trip. How's THAT for engineering your team's next fail?

One last thing: Michael Chavis in Pittsburgh. 61 Plate appearances, .283BA, 3HRs with a reduced and early 23% K rate. Yup! The Sox got it right there. Thanks Alex!!!!!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 02, 2022, 08:09:40 AM
Remember, Bloom was not the GM down there, nor was he the brains. He was a 3rd level exec reporting to someone who reported to Erik Neander. I've forgotten the exact role. We bypassed 2-3 internal candidates because Henry wanted Tampa North.

This team is simply pressing and scuffling big time right now because Bloom wanted value. It's as simple as that. This is a bullpen baseball world. Let's sign dumpster fodder. Leftovers. Imagine the BP we could have gotten with that Trevor Story money?

And Houck? Yeah, but I'm still mad at him for his part in this slide. It's dominoes. It cost us our only legit bullpen weapon for a week.

JBJ was part of the price we paid for the prospects. Our Devers replacement is tearing it up.
Our XB replacement is playing 2b. If we signed a bullpen instead ...

Look, Dalbec was given up on after 3 weeks this season while showing obvious improvement in several areas. This is his putting it all together period. Instead he is the fall boy of a scuffling team. He was simply pressing with the rest of them. If we're going to not develop players because of current competition, then we cannot manage the roster like we're in development mode. By that definition ..... no, wait. I got nothing. Do him a favor and trade him to someone that can finish the job.

Need more proof? Look at how bunged up Duran was after a few days with the big club last year. He forgot how to use his speed. They killed Darwinzon, screwed with Houck without conscience and how have ceilings blocking the paths of their best players in the system. Which is a good thing, because when they get here, they will be next year's cast-offs.

And the one we have the balls to add back to the 40-man roster is the specimen of a man who can't field and is the streakiest hitter in the system (worst than Kike) with a net result nets him an OK AAA OPS. Those dipshi* reports and broadcasters drool over that one basic line in the stat sheet. Dig a little bit..... dig..... dig...... poof! 26 strikeouts in 73 ABs. Yup, he's ready. Not even gonna talk about bad fielding.

OK, Mr Build-for -the-future-man. If we care about our future so much, why do we cram Dalbec onto the bench and play Bradley? (it's been asked already here). But now we get this. For his crimes of being a ball-player for Alex Cora, he'll get to make his Red Sox RF debut in Boston or wait until the next road trip. How's THAT for engineering your team's next fail?

One last thing: Michael Chavis in Pittsburgh. 61 Plate appearances, .283BA, 3HRs with a reduced and early 23% K rate. Yup! The Sox got it right there. Thanks Alex!!!!!

Well said Mongo.  I can see you are as furious as the rest of us over the ineptitude of our front office and that RFC of a manager who has really gone off the deep end.  The fear is this incompetence could fasten itself to our better prospects so that when they are ready to perform they will be players who have been misused and even as young players are already on the downside of their careers.  How could a baseball team descend so fast into the depts of baseball hell in less than four years.  You tell me Prune Face Henry; you're the architect of this debacle, you and Bloomer Boy and that RFC of a manager of our team.

MongoLikeSox

Fred, even if Henry put the clamps on going above the threshold, we still have plenty to compete. This team was in the ALCS. It did not need much. Complimentary pieces. One big ticket item - a closer.

We're losing out on good relievers with affordable contracts because the coupon clipper puts the importance of value over increased chances of winning. Value is not the requirement. It's good to get some, but value can also cost dearly. In this case, it may lose us a team for the season.

longgame

Speaking of value, Chavis, Renfroe and Benintendi have more HRs than the Sox. 

MongoLikeSox

Quote from: longgame on May 03, 2022, 07:54:03 AM
Speaking of value, Chavis, Renfroe and Benintendi have more HRs than the Sox. 
Like the press said - Cora is a difference maker.