5. Rougned Odor (L) 2B
6. Ramon Urias (R) 3B
7. Tyler Nevin (R) 1B
8. Anthony Bemboom (L) C
9. Jorge Mateo (R) SS

Gametime Temp: 62°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

markj

New month, new ways to lose. If they lose today, they'll be tied with the O's in the loss column and just a half game out of the basement due to having played one more game than the O's.

Sea Dog 23

So Franchy and J.Davis get their chance.   Bloom,  I think the quality MLB ready player train  left the station 6 weeks ago.  This ain't gonna work.

longgame

Don't know much about Davis other than in his limited MLB experience, he can't hit either, so he'll be a perfect replacement for one of the few productive hitters, Verdugo. 

I'm thinking the over/under on Sox runs scored is once again 0. 

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on May 01, 2022, 10:41:03 AM
So Franchy and J.Davis get their chance.   Bloom,  I think the quality MLB ready player train  left the station 6 weeks ago.  This ain't gonna work.

I agree Sea Dog---it ain't gonna work.  Franchy is a two time loser with other teams, Davis was considered canned shit and sent packing by his last team, and Bradley is still in the lineup today.  That alone adds up to another defeat this afternoon unless something very surprising happens and the only surprises we've been receiving are continuous kicks in the gut.

longgame

Usually Vazquez runs when he's going to be thrown out, this time he stuck on 2B with 2 outs and didn't score. 

elktonnick

The fact that CV went back towards 2nd instead of being on the run on that play is yet another example of a team lacking focus and discipline.  Something is clearly wrong with this ballclub.

markj

Bases loaded, two outs, and JBJ at the plate. Don't need to wonder how that turned out. This team has an aversion to scoring runs.

markj

Two on, one out. Result? GIDP, of course. It's almost funny how bad this team is offensively.

Sea Dog 23

I read from someone keeping score … in the last 23 innngs in Balt. the Sox have scored in just 2 of those innings. There’s something in the water in that city. Probably more toxic than that.

markj

markj

Pivetta is cratering. Sox down 2-1 now and still no outs. Heading for the basement.

MongoLikeSox

What a bad trip. I can't say much of what y'all already said.

On a human note, I'm glad Franchy was able to hit that ball in the air. That might have been the end of him if he struck out.

Maybe the rain will wash the stink off?

longgame

New game loss plan today.  Squander all but one opportunity to score. Wait for rain, then give up the lead to the other team in hopes the game will get cut short and less effort expended in achieving the loss.

MongoLikeSox

Cora's got some balls, that's for sure. Intentional walk to load the bases with Sawamura on the mound in the rain. Luckily it worked.