5. Josh Lowe (L) LF
6. Taylor Walls (S) 3B
7. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
8. Brett Phillips (L) RF
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 85°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

Sea Dog 23

Cora said a few weeks ago that Hill and Whit were the tag team for 5th starter day,  maybe 'piggyback'  was his term.  I don't think Garrett can go more than four, he pitched Thurs I think. If Hill is ready, he will go three and get pulled unless Venable says 'enough of that'.  More Valdez?I

edit  -- Rich Hill is on the inactive list, bereavemeent.

MongoLikeSox

I was wondering the saem thing about how long we got to enjoy the Whitlock show tonight. He's not throwing like someone expecting to hurl 4+ innings. I think he's at 30p after 2.

longgame

Whatever the plan, he pitched very well again.  Too bad nobody can hit.

markj

I don't believe it. That's two games is a row Story has thrown a ball away on an easy play.

markj

That loss is squarely on Story's shoulders. Can't even throw accurately to 1st base from 70ft away. That pisses me off.

elktonnick

So much for the genius of having the NL's best shortstop play 2 nd base.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: elktonnick on April 23, 2022, 08:18:45 PM
So much for the genius of having the NL's best shortstop play 2 nd base.

Cora has always thought he was the smartest man in the room and this is no different from some of the other bonehead moves he has made.  Remember after our victorious 2018 season?  That was when he couldn't leave well enough alone and moved Andrew Benintendi from second to leadoff man for 2019, a move AB was ill suited for---and he never recovered from that.  Now he is in KC hitting the crap out of the ball while we have duds in our lineup who can't seem to buy a hit.  Bogaerts is leaving after 2022; that you can take to the bank so wouldn't it seem smart to put Story where he plays best?  Not is that filthy cheater's mind because he knows what's best.  Yes, I still think Cora should never have been rehired by our club---- the slimy cheater

This team of ours has real p roblems Elk and I hope you and others here clearly understand that.  We can't seem to put two good games together and blow leads, fail to hit with RISP and may be actually headed for another last place finish.   Right now this team is totally disjointed and it doesn't look like they can get out of a revolving elevator.

MongoLikeSox

longgame

Not a surprising result for a team with no closer to lose a close game.  Although this loss is on Story.