5. Yandy Diaz (R) 3B
6. Josh Lowe (L) DH
7. Manuel Margot (R) RF
8. Kevin Kiermaier (L) CF
9. Mike Zunino (R) C

Gametime Temp: 84°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

Sox get to Kluber early for 2 runs, but Dalbec flies out to strand runners at 2nd and 3rd.

Then Wacha quickly gives back a run.

markj

Sox get 2 more but leave another 2 stranded at 2nd and 3rd again.

MongoLikeSox

markj

markj

markj

Wow, Barnes gets out of the jam and saves the win. Amazing.

Sea Dog 23

I did not like the mojo at the Trop.  Chills and thrills I tell ya.

Sea Dog 23

After the angst of balls and strikes on display, the glove work by Story in the 9th was on display.  And the odds of Franco winning that game was overmatched by Trevor making the game ending play.

MongoLikeSox

That was as hairy as it gets for ninth inning dramatics.   ay yi yi!

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on April 22, 2022, 07:14:15 PM
Sox get 2 more but leave another 2 stranded at 2nd and 3rd again.

That has been a very thorny problem for the Red Sox markj.  We were three for thirty with RISP against the Blue Jays in  the recent series we could have won if a few of those failures could have been turned into successes.  It makes me wonder if the batting order is out of whack or whether we have players who have a tough time coming through when the pressure in highest.  That  has to change though if we are going to present ourselves as a contender for something this season.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Sea Dog 23 on April 22, 2022, 09:40:06 PM
I did not like the mojo at the Trop.  Chills and thrills I tell ya.

I was at a convention yesterday and followed the game on my I-Phone with my heart in my mouth in the ninth inning.  Barnes came through with a big out on what turned out to be a good call by Alex Cora, but this stuff of poor clutch hit ting and inability to keep the pressure on the opposition after a quick start like last night tells me we need more staying power to go along with a better ability to get runners home.  Still I'll take the win.  It would have been a real bummer if we has blown this game, and we have to start to winning series' again and not lose them.

elktonnick

Please someone tell me why Red Sox pitchers keep walking leadoff betters.  Would someone drill it into their thick heads how many times leadoff walks score.  If I were a manager I would insist that every time a pitcher walks a leadoff hitter it's an automatic fine!

longgame

Quote from: elktonnick on April 23, 2022, 01:35:00 PM
Please someone tell me why Red Sox pitchers keep walking leadoff betters.  Would someone drill it into their thick heads how many times leadoff walks score.  If I were a manager I would insist that every time a pitcher walks a leadoff hitter it's an automatic fine!

It’s been years that they’ve had this problem.  My solution is for immediate execution, right on the mound!

elktonnick

Quote from: longgame on April 23, 2022, 07:06:56 PM
Quote from: elktonnick on April 23, 2022, 01:35:00 PM

It’s been years that they’ve had this problem.  My solution is for immediate execution, right on the mound!

Sounds like the Russian Army team