6. Matt Chapman (R) 3B
7. Cavan Biggio (L) RF
8. Gosuke Katoh (L) 2B
9. Bradley Zimmer (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 54°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

markj

longgame

Interesting lineup with JBJ back in CF, Dalbec at 3B and I don't love having both Shaw and JBJ in, although the latter has been off to a decent start.  Devers at DH.  Vazquez back already which is good.

longgame

Sox down 2-0 after 4.  Two hits so far.

They need to turn this offense up as this was their problem last year - they'd go quiet as a team for a week or more at a time.  They had the big outburst the other day and now they can't hit.

markj

Man, are they going to go through this series with only 3 runs?

longgame

MongoLikeSox

We've had a lot of LOB have we had this week. Sloooooowwwwww start this year.  Going to the Valdez well after a couple yesterday? This is how he gets into trouble.

This is my first time seeing Gausman. Never got to see Orioles games.  Looks like he as struggling until landing in San Fransisco in 2020.

longgame

Sox trying to mount a 9th inning rally.  One in, men on 2nd and 3rd with no out!

longgame

Sea Dog 23

I see the Sox having a tough time with the Jays this year.  Lots of Jays home grown stars maturing, they stuck with last year's roster (except Semien and Grichuk) and added Chapman and more quality pitching. 

Hopefully our pitching depth at  AAA and MLB all get healthy again. Casas can be a better platoon mate than Shaw.

SeaBeachFred

When you go 3 for 30 with runners in scoring position in a three game series and score only five runs, it stands to reason that you could get swept.  We were lucky to even win one of the games, and if we don't end that choking with the bat when it counts the next seven games on the road could turn out to be a total debacle.  And if Shaw is not going to start doing something at the plate, get him out of there, and get Hernandez out of the leadoff spot until he remembers how to hit, and, please, don't tempt fate with Bradley up in the lineup as he was today.  He is a No. 9 hitter at best and I only hope that his poor performance today doesn't drive him into the deep freeze we've seen from him before.  Keep in ninth in the order.....please!!!!!

Sea Dog 23

When Story joined the Sox a few weeks ago, he said the line-up is sick.  I think this week he might have want the true meaning of that.

longgame

Casas is tearing it up in Worcester.  Hit a bomb yesterday, his third through 8 games.  OPS is .979.