GAME #32 - THURSDAY, MAY 6, 2021 - DETROIT TIGERS @ BOSTON RED SOX

Started by markj, May 06, 2021, 08:40:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BoSoxFanNY

Red Sox beat the Tigers 12 - 9.

SO GLAD that I didn't watch this game -
would have been SO frustrating until the end.

SOX allowed the Tigers to score lots of runs over
the past three days. CRAZY.

Sea Dog 23

I am not sure where Sox go from here.  The ship is leaking, in places.  Aside from the batting and pitching woes, there are about 3-4 solid batters and almost as many good pitchers.

The bench is down to Arroyo, Pawlecki and Franchy (cough).  Arroyo has a wrist problem, and they say Chavis could be ready.  Although Chavis started AAA 1-7.  Not sure who could help in the outfield with the uncertainty around Duran, Puello and Munoz are very liimted, but I guess healthy.

They did claim Workman off waivers today.  At this stage he looks like a real reclamization project.

longgame

They said yesterday that Chavis was not in the lineup at Worcester and wasn't available for their game.  Probably means he's moving up and I'd guess Dalbec goes down.

Sox seem to score when one of the guys who doesn't hit at all has a big day,  But they have too many guys who just plain stink.

MongoLikeSox

I just read that Workman was signed to a minor league deal. That means the one painless move to create room on the 40-man is still available. (Mata to 60-day IL)

I don't get to see the games for 4 days. For purely selfish reasons, we are not fans of the blackout rules down here in Mongo-land.

longgame

Quote from: MongoLikeSox on May 07, 2021, 08:07:33 AM
I just read that Workman was signed to a minor league deal. That means the one painless move to create room on the 40-man is still available. (Mata to 60-day IL)

I don't get to see the games for 4 days. For purely selfish reasons, we are not fans of the blackout rules down here in Mongo-land.

Where do you live Mongo?  I'm in NC so it's "Local" for me too - just like Washington, Cincinnati, Pittsburgh and Atlanta (the only fairly reasonable one but as far away as NY is from Boston).
  I have DirectTV and get all the local sports channels so I can get MASN and watch it on that.

MongoLikeSox

I'm in Raleigh. You get blacked out on those other teams you mentioned? We just get nipped by Baltimore and Washington games. I swear I am so tempted sometimes to do one of those VPN work around things.

longgame

I'm in Charlotte. Cincy and Pittsburgh really make no sense at all.  The main reason I get DirectTV is that you can get all the local sports channels for $5 a month so worst case is I have to watch the other teams' broadcast.  But still with Baltimore plus some interleague if we're playing the NL East or Central it adds up to quite a few more.

SeaBeachFred

From my MLB-TV package I do get NESN out here in Southern California so the ReSox are on the tube a good deal of the time.  Of course,  with the way they have been playing like a bunch of clowns it is sometimes hard to watch them.  Hopefully there are more better days ahead than the other kind.