5. Aaron Hicks (S) CF
6. Luke Voit (R) 1B
7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
8. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
9. Miguel Andujar (R) LF

Gametime Temp: 86°F
Chance of Precip: 3%

longgame

Put on some day time entertainment MLB!  Besides, it's already getting hard to watch these guys when they can't pitch and don't hit.

BoSoxFanNY

DANG IT!

Good start to this game - Xander 2 run homer.
Xander homered again.  Devers homer.

THIS was one game where the Sox were competitive.

Yet, every time they went ahead, the Yankees scored.
THEN, the Sox went ahead again.

AND then, Matt Barnes blows it.

WE NEED PITCHING.

(I am rooting for this shortened season to end because of COVID.)

SeaBeachFred

Bad enough we have to endure shits like Hall (another rotten performance tonight), Brice, and other garbage, but when the hell are the Red Sox going to finally give up on that rotten meatball Barnes.  For four damn years the Red Sox have been grooming this guy to be an ace reliever because they said he has electric stuff.  But the guy has no head, no guts and no balls.  HE IS A ROTTEN MEATBALL.  Why not just promote some of the young pitchers up and let them try and do their best and get rid of the turds they've been using this rotten season?  I am pissed but at least Ihave been right about Barnes all along.  He is a pathetic choke bastard.

Going on vacation tomorrow for a week with my wife but know when I come back the RedSox wil be ensconced in last place and Roenicke will still be misusing his personnel and making one mistake after another.  He is a worthless shit too.

longgame

What's scary is Barnes is probably the best reliever they have.  It's either him or Workman who can't throw strikes. 

That was like an old time game between these two teams with all the HRs.  But I have to say that the announcer was such a Yankees homer that it took A-Rod to temper him.  I certainly hope the poor guy had sex with Aaron Judge last night the way he was going on about him.  Although that last HR was a shot.

So who cares who they play next?  Same results?

Sea Dog 23

^ " So who cares who they play next?  Same results?"

Ted, the Rays are on a 5 game skid, but I have a feeling this year's  Sox are going to pump up all the Rays' numbers.

Bill-806

Fell asleep in the 8th when we were ahead, woke up this morning & cried all the way to the bathroom !!!  Wake me when this nightmare ends !! iono iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Anyone in the Red Sox organization ever consider making Meatball Barnes a starting pitcher.  That' what he was in college and it is very evident that he is not equipped to be short reliever because of the immediate pressure that greets such a pitcher.  Perhaps as a starter his electric stuff would have an inning or two to get underway and he would feel more relaxed.  He certainly hasn't done it for us in relief.  Hell, he cost E- Rod a chance at 20 games last season---TWICE!!!!!!!

longgame

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 03, 2020, 02:54:57 PM
Anyone in the Red Sox organization ever consider making Meatball Barnes a starting pitcher.  That' what he was in college and it is very evident that he is not equipped to be short reliever because of the immediate pressure that greets such a pitcher.  Perhaps as a starter his electric stuff would have an inning or two to get underway and he would feel more relaxed.  He certainly hasn't done it for us in relief.  Hell, he cost E- Rod a chance at 20 games last season---TWICE!!!!!!!

Considering the starting pitching situation it may not be a bad idea.