5. Luke Voit (R) 1B
6. Mike Tauchman (L) LF
7. Gary Sanchez (R) C
8. Gio Urshela (R) 3B
9. Brett Gardner (L) CF

Gametime Temp: 83°F
Chance of Precip: 0%

SeaBeachFred

Since today is mine and my wife Linda's 50th Wedding anniversary I'm hoping that the Good Lord might give me a nice anniversary present  but I don't think from what I saw last night that my prayer will be answered, but I can hope.

markj

Big Kudos to you and Linda, Fred. That's a huge and commendable milestone. thumb_u thumb_u

Sea Dog 23

markj

No such luck, Fred. Yanks got to (un)-Godley early. 5 runs in 4 innings.

SeaBeachFred

Didn't get that Anniversary win but still had a wonderful day.  Thanks for all the nice comments guys.  Doesn't look like we're getting a win in this Yankees series, does it?

Bill-806

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on August 02, 2020, 12:26:55 AM
Didn't get that Anniversary win but still had a wonderful day.  Thanks for all the nice comments guys.  Doesn't look like we're getting a win in this Yankees series, does it?
Fred,  my/our 50th was in JUNE this year .....  That said, we are all kids of the 1940's/50s  !!! RED SOX baseball was in our milk as kids & i can still hear Curt Gowdy calling the games ......   I will still tune in to see where this season takes us. Howevaa,  looks to me, "LIKE SAND THRU THE HOUR GLASS, SO ARE THE DAYS OF OUR RED SOX" !!!!!  STAY WELL ALL, CRAZY TIMES !! sigh sigh sigh iono iono iono iono

Murph

At season start I was hoping for 500 finish.I see that as a pipe dream.Can we really see them getting more than 20?

longgame

Congrats to Mr. and Mrs. Fred and Mr. and Mrs. Bill.  Fifty years is a long time - for example this season feels like it's 50 years long already!

The worst part of this game was that I was in the car and had it on XM and they only had the Yankees broadcast.  Susyn Waldman may be the worst announcer going and of course being a Yankee homer she's even worse.  But seriously, between the lousy NY accent and the fact that she always seems pissed off while John Sterling is always over the top positive.  But of course it was the material that was so ugly.

This team stinks.  The manager actually said "who am I going to pitch because we have nobody".  After I got home the Fox announcers were going on about how the Red Sox lacked pitching.  Well it's not like that just happened.  They traded Price, they had Sale needing surgery for a year before pulling the plug and they knew they had two injury prone guys in Eovaldi and E-Rod.  So they picked up Perez who they needed as a number 5 already, but then made no other moves.  They also seemed to try really hard to NOT acquire any suitable relievers.  Of yes, the the "interim" manager is a disaster. 

The good news is that after the Bobby Valentine disaster they won the World Series the next year.  His .426 mark stood as a standard of futility and was their worst record in 47 years but I'd be shocked right now if they come close to .400.