5. Randal Grichuk (R) RF
6. Teoscar Hernandez (R) LF
7. Jonathan Davis (R) CF
8. Brandon Drury (R) 1B
9. Danny Jansen (R) C

Gametime Temp: 74°F
Chance of Precip: 2%

Bill-806

Interesting lineup …… I like that Marco Hernandez KID..... thumb_u iono iono iono

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Bill-806 on September 11, 2019, 03:06:46 PM
Interesting lineup …… I like that Marco Hernandez KID..... thumb_u iono iono iono

Not me.  He is fundamentally very unsound, is short of baseball smarts and is a left handed hitter.  We have too many of them now and don't need any more especially when he will lose JD this winter when he ops out of his contract, and don't be surprised if we trade Betts because we want something for him and will get zilch if we wait until he is a FA.  We cannot take that chance.

Murph

Quote from: SeaBeachFred on September 11, 2019, 03:16:00 PM

Not me.  He is fundamentally very unsound, is short of baseball smarts and is a left handed hitter.  We have too many of them now and don't need any more especially when he will lose JD this winter when he ops out of his contract, and don't be surprised if we trade Betts because we want something for him and will get zilch if we wait until he is a FA.  We cannot take that chance.

JD opting a long shot IMHO. What NL team wants a guy that is very limited in the field. That leaves only the AL which is a possibility but I doubt he will receive a long dreal worth more than 22 million and more than 3 years. We will see.......

elktonnick

Quote from: Murph on September 11, 2019, 05:34:28 PM

JD opting a long shot IMHO. What NL team wants a guy that is very limited in the field. That leaves only the AL which is a possibility but I doubt he will receive a long dreal worth more than 22 million and more than 3 years. We will see.......

Watching Martinez play right field the other day was painful.  He did his brand no good with a whole bunch of NL teams.

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on September 11, 2019, 05:53:18 PM
Quote from: Murph on September 11, 2019, 05:34:28 PM

Watching Martinez play right field the other day was painful.  He did his brand no good with a whole bunch of NL teams.
B I N G O dat !!!!! iono iono rofl rofl rofl

Schloicka

Devers missed popup costs the Sox 2 runs. Since they didn't give him an error the pitcher gets dinged with 2 earned runs.

BoSoxFanNY

SEEMS like this team and management don't care anymore.

FRUSTRATING for me as a fan.
I KNOW our team is not going to the postseason -
BUT, field the best team and try to win as many games as possible.

Would like to finish the season over .500.

WTF?

SeaBeachFred

Come on friends, let's all of us face it.  This team has just mailed the rest of the season in.  They've quit on each other, the the town and its fans.  Frankly,  they don't give a shit anymore.  When I checked my phone I wasn't surprised to see us behind but 8-0?-----and then we got only two hits, two damn hits.  Again I come back to Spring Training and now I add that the players have quit on Cora as well and wjile they have  to share as much blame as our clueless manager, they knew his malfeasance in the Spring has caused most of the heartache and angst we're all feeling. 

You know Farrell did the same thing in ST in 2014 though not as extreme as Cora's screw ups, and if you all remember we weren't ready for that season either.  Ssometimes I think we get cursed after winning it all.  Let's just say this team really stinks, sucks, smells and pukes and frankly I no longer give a shit this season.  It is over.

elktonnick

Bill-806

Quote from: elktonnick on September 12, 2019, 12:31:56 AM
That was the worst performance by a Red Sox team in 5 years.
BEST TEAM $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ can buy !!!! AMERICA deserves better !!!!!  Maybe the "GREEN NEW DEAL" will get us some better results !! thumb_d iono iono iono rofl rofl rofl rofl rofl

longgame

When they fired DD they sent a message to the team that the season was over.  Cora finally threw in the towel last night and didn't field Betts or Bogey.  I can't blame the players for simply going through the motions at this point, they're taking their cue from ownership. 

Sea Dog 23

Like Ted opined, the clubhouse is a rudderless ship post DD.  I think they should have waited DD out for 3 weeks.  With the team morale as is, I think JD will now opt out as he is a competitor.  The stand still at the trade deadline and the DD thing sends the signal for the team to virtually stand down.  I didn't think the bigger reset with him and Mookie would come this soon.  Bnut the team as a whole seems content with the 18 title, the fans not so much.