GAME #157, MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 24, 2018, BALTIMORE ORIOLES AT BOSTON RED SOX

Started by Bear, September 24, 2018, 11:53:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Schloicka

Brasier limits the damage and picks a guy off 1st base. Good job.

longgame

Kelly has no command which seems like somthing that can be fixed, but he is running out of time.  Brasier had a hell of a move to first.

markj

Schloicka

Eovaldi with the win. E-Rod, Brasier & Barnes pitched well. Kelly not so much. 106 wins and counting plus locked up home field through the playoffs. On to Tuesday.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: markj on September 24, 2018, 08:59:06 PM
Kelly is working his way out of the post-season.

As far as I'm concerned Kelly worked is way off the post season team the past two months but for some reason Alex Cora keeps  thinking that the guy will find himself and right his ship.  Earth to Cora on the Moon, KELLY IS A SUNK COST AND WILL NOT FIND HIMSELF.  Stop kidding yourself, will you????  Good to see that some people don't want Brandon Jerkman on the team either.  He has been pretty pathetic since he first came up in 2013 when BTW, it was the only time he pitched decently until he was exposed and ripped apart before he got hurt and did the team a favor and stayed away.  Brasier should be a given and Wright needs some more work to sharpen his knuckler.  He proved himself against the Yankees and that in and of itself good enough for me.  Scott? Back up the truck for him, Kelly, Workman and Poopie Pants. Then go from there.  I would also eliminate Johnson and keep Poyner but I keep getting the feeling that Brian is a pet of Cora.

SeaBeachFred

Quote from: Schloicka on September 24, 2018, 09:34:49 PM
Eovaldi with the win. E-Rod, Brasier & Barnes pitched well. Kelly not so much. 106 wins and counting plus locked up home field through the playoffs. On to Tuesday.

Perhaps Nathan has finally found himself again because the last two outings of his have been impressive after some rough outings.  He did pitch well his first two starts for us, very well in fact, and Hall of Famer Pedro Martinez had been working with him on the way he lands after he delivers a pitch.  It may have done the trick.  Too bad the crapola bullpen cost him a win at YS last week but at least he got one tonight as the team jumped out ahead and kept the game in their control.  Win 106, the most in Red Sox history.  That sounds good to me.  Make it 107 tomorrow, ok????

ipot

"Baseball is simple. All you do is sit on your butt, spit tobacco and nod at the stupid things your manager says."
--Bill 'Spaceman' Lee

Bill-806

Quote from: ipot on September 24, 2018, 10:31:13 PM
Quote from: markj on September 24, 2018, 09:22:51 PM
106 wins!!!!  Impressive.

And best in the MLB.  Home field advantage!
Time to take a KNEE & thank the BASEBALL GODS for giving us one heck of a SEASON to REMEMBER & be PROUD...….. Keep it going boys, enjoy the ride, ALL !! thumb_u rofl rofl rofl